cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I get denied to be a permitted seller?

I'm a registered business that sells all kinds of vaping products and I don't know the reason to why I got denied the application. 

There's lots of businesses on here selling all sorts of vaping products so why can't my business?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@flatersvapes 

If eBay didn’t mention their reason for denying your application, we certainly aren’t going to have the answer. 

In many categories where there is an approval process, the limit for approved sellers has already been reached. 

Selling restricted items before asking for approval is probably not seen as a positive. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Not all that familiar with the laws in the UK but in the US vape products are controlled under the authority of the Food and Drug Administration and you will not find any listings, other than signs, for vape products on the US site. If there are they will eventually be caught and taken down. Even if you can/could sell vape products on eBay within the UK any international sales would be a headache to figure out with regards to all the import regulations. 

There is also a problem with shipping for businesses and sellers in the US. USPS cannot be utilized to ship vape products as they are considered tobacco products. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@flatersvapes 

They are not allowed on Ebay.

Looks like you got caught selling a few other things that are not allowed.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

As mentioned by others, I don't believe the items you sell are permitted on eBay.com.  If they are permitted to be sold on the UK site, I do not know.  Perhaps you should ask on the UK boards.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi mate 

Vape products are permitted on uk eBay but only if your a verified restricted items seller 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi just question 

Did you manage to solve this issue as I recently have same issue 

Even though I have good standing 100% feedback arc etc

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@cryptoworld-uk 

Old thread from 2021.  OP is no longer a registered user. Vaping products & paraphernalia are not allowed on eBay. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@cryptoworld-uk wrote:

Hi mate 

Vape products are permitted on uk eBay but only if your a verified restricted items seller 

This is the US site and they are not allowed here.

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply