cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my listings suddenly being deleted not following policy?

I am selling gift cards that are not e gift cards to places like Panera and Chipotle which I have sold before and I am getting messages saying they wern't following policy. I just sold Starbucks gift cards with no problem. What is going on??

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Why are my listings suddenly being deleted not following policy?

It says $500 at one time. I thought that meant active listings?

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@isatwin74 wrote:

You said you listed 2 just a bit ago. Did they sell already as I don't see them listed on this id or did eBay take them down? I would really not list anymore as they could suspend your account. Yes I agree the policy needs to be made more clear then what they have posted.

It always takes a while for new listings to be indexed, usually between a few minutes to a few hours. Sometimes up to 24 hours. They can't be found in search until they are indexed.

I saw the two listings earlier this morning, but now they appear to have been removed like the others. All the listings that OP had listed/sold since July 6 are gone now. I guess this confirms that the other listings were not removed in error, and that eBay monitors accounts that have been warned for further violations. 

@mikec12, I'm sorry, but we have explained that these listings are not allowed under the gift card policy, and why not. They were not one of the 3 specific types of gift cards that are allowed to be sold on eBay.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Yup.  They must of removed them early this morning.  They sent me the same message. I am so confused. What are the 3 specific types? I see Panera and Chipotle cards being sold by people right now? Where do you see my items no longer showing up since July 6th? I see them in my sold items.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@mikec12, here's the policy that lists the 3 kinds of gift cards that are permitted.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/gift-cards-policy?id=4294

image.png

Because there's a list of what kinds of gift cards are allowed, that means that any gift card that isn't on the list is not allowed. That's standard in English. If your cards were allowed, then you should be able to list up to $500 value at a time. But, since your cards are not permitted, you can't list any amount of them.

Just because other people are doing it, that doesn't mean it's allowed. It just means they haven't been caught yet. 

When I looked at your sold listings yesterday, I could see a lot of listings for gift cards that had been sold, mostly a few each day going back a long time. This morning, there are no sold gift card listings in your sold history except from July 6 or earlier. So it looks as though all your gift card listings that sold after July 6 have been removed. This morning I also saw the 2 new listings you had posted yesterday, but now they are also gone.

You may be able to see them in your sold listings, and the buyers can probably see them, but they don't show up in searches for anyone else on the site.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Yeah I just won't be listing gift cards anymore. They will be losing lots of business doing this. Ebay is going down hill. 

Message 35 of 35
latest reply