cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Do I Still Have More Free Listings?

Technically this is benefiting me, but now I’m left wondering what I’m not understanding and what’s going on.

I have 434 active listings. I’ve had over 250 for at least a couple months now. Yet somehow I have 144 remaining for this month.

How is it possible if listings are renewing each month? Note: my sell-through isn’t at a high rate and I’m not outselling what I list. Also I’m not paying for a store subscription currently. I planned to as soon as I started listing past the 250.
It claims I have more to list and I have no insertion fee charges.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sometime when you are a new Seller eBay will give you Promotional Listings. This happened to myself that I was getting 300 to 500 free listings at a time. This lasted for well over a year before it stopped.

I see of your 198 sold items two thirds of them have sold in the last 90 days. Did you recently start selling or start selling after being a non-seller for a while? If this is why you are getting an abundance of Free Listings you should have been notified of the extra Free Listings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have free listings remaining because the 250 free listings are based on a monthly cycle. I didn't count the November listings but those would have gone against your November allocation. So far in December it looks like you have listed about 97-100 items and there have possibly been a few renewals of November items. As the November listings expire after their 30 day run. As those listings expire if you have them set to Good Till Canceled they will renew every month. When the renewal takes place those November listings that are renewed in December will go against your December 250 allocation. 

Good ’Til Canceled Listings

When you list an item as Good ’Til Canceled, it will relist every month on the same day until it’s sold. For example, if you list your item on the 1st of May, it will relist on the 1st of June. 

If you list your item on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of a month, the duration will be adjusted if the following month is shorter, but will revert to the original day for longer months. For example, if you list an item on the 31st of May, it will relist on the 30th of June, and then again on the 31st of August and so on.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply