cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I sell my "adult" stuff now that eBay isn't an option?

I thought I hit the mother lode when I found of a cache of specialty adult magazines from the 90s in my basement. Then eBay canceled 25 of my auctions the day before they ended - I hadn't known they restricted adult content in June. 😕

So what options do I have to sell these mags now???

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Many who sold are no longer here, for obvious reasons.

In the search bar at top of this board, search for 'adult listings where to sell'....there were quite a few posts at the time. 

It is typically against board policy to direct you to sell elsewhere.  And the majority of us do not/did not sell in that category. 

Good Luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Not certain where they are allowed.

You might search the threads on here - lots of them detailing how unhappy with the change and many outlining other options elsewhere. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@pmusilli wrote:

So what options do I have to sell these mags now???

@pmusilli 

You may sell them anywhere that allows them to be sold. eBay has no obligation to provide you, as an individual seller, with a platform for everything you're interested in selling.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Out Of Your Basement, In The Dark, In Brown Paper Bags!!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I think you've misconstrued the intent of my question. It wasn't meant to denigrate eBay for establishing what they will and will not allow on their platform. I was merely soliciting advice from fellow eBayers who have found a solution to the issue I outlined. To wit: what is the best outlet to unite adult magazines with those who wish to buy them?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

etsi ?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Many who sold are no longer here, for obvious reasons.

In the search bar at top of this board, search for 'adult listings where to sell'....there were quite a few posts at the time. 

It is typically against board policy to direct you to sell elsewhere.  And the majority of us do not/did not sell in that category. 

Good Luck!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

It is typically against board policy to direct you to sell elsewhere. 

I would think that now that adult material is not allowed on Ebay that it would not be a violation of policy on these boards to direct sellers to other platforms as they would not be in competition with Ebay.  I will test this by suggesting that Hip Comics allows one to sell adult manga comics that are now prohibited by Ebay.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

We heard about couple that makes a killing at their local church. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

So eBay does monitor these boards and restricts the flow of information contrary to the US Constitution. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

So eBay does monitor these boards and restricts the flow of information...

Yes

contrary to the US Constitution. 

No.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@dnasilver wrote:

So eBay does monitor these boards and restricts the flow of information contrary to the US Constitution. 

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech..."  eBay is not Congress. 

@pmusilli  I would just check into another major platform - since you can't sell them here, Mercari comes to mind. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

From what I can see, you can still list. You need to search for the correct listing category. 

I have some 1960's - 1970's playboy's from family estate that I have not worked through yet, but just doing a test listing, it looks like they can still be listed. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

They've been harassing me since early June. I removed all my listings that would not conform to their new rules. Problem is they don't follow their own rules. Every 7-10 days I get something yanked with a suspension. The fact that everything they pull is conforming to their stated rules is irrelevant. They just change the rules as we move along. And India is absolutely no help. Their rules state "examples of magazines and books that generally do not contain sexually explicit content and can be listed in the Magazines category" but what the really mean is their examples ARE the only magazines allowed.  And yes, ebay is proving to be extremely homophobic. Their list of magazines is very hetro-centric. Thank god for amazon, though I don't think gay adult items will move nearly as fast there. Has anyone found a realistic new site for listing? The new site Adult Stuff Only seems questionable at this point.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

According the folks over at ecommercebytes.com have the website Bonanza very highly rated.

Never tried it myself since I'm happy with my sales here.

Bonanza came in 2nd place after Ebay in the 2021 Sellers Choice Awards. It earned the top score in two categories: Customer Service and Communication, as well as coming in as the top most recommended marketplace.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply