cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the seller settings for returns?

Where do I check to see what Returns options I am set up for as a seller? I found this page but it only allows me to set up rules but I don't see where I can set whether or not to accept returns and more importantly, who pays for the returns.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests/setting-rules-re...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @outdoorbrands4less ,

Here is a link to your account settings and "Return settings" is in the top section of this page. 

https://www.ebay.com/uas/selling-pref

However, you should be able to select those return settings on the individual listing form ... I use the Business tool and below is what the Returns section looks like.  If one does NOT select that they accept Domestic or International returns the default is Returns are not accepted.  Personally I do NOT recommend using the no returns accepted setting ... Accepting returns gives Buyers confidence in you as a Seller IMHO.  You can Accept returns but still list that the Buyer pays the return shipping (unless it is an INAD return) ... that would be the little pull down menu int he window shown below.

Screenshot (3085).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi @outdoorbrands4less 

Just wanted to be sure you realized that regardless of your return policy ... a buyer will always be able to return an item (with you paying the return shipping) as long as they claim the item is 'not as described' in some way.  Your return policy will only come in to effect when a buyer acknowledges having 'buyer's remorse'.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just wanted to let you know that even if you have "no returns" policy customer can still get their money back.

EBAY Money Back Guarantee (supersedes "no returns" policy) allows customers to return item by claiming "not as described, counterfeit, defective" (you are forced to refund purchase price) plus shipping BOTH ways.

If your delivery is delayed and customer claims "did not receive item" (for are forced to refund purchase price + shipping).    If package arrives at a later date...you are NOT reimbursed.

Customer can also "reverse credit card payment" (keep item and your money).   EBAY has no authority over credit card company.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

That information is on the payment and shipping tab which is part of the listing.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

>Here is a link to your account settings and "Return settings" is in the top section of this page. 

https://www.ebay.com/uas/selling-pref

Went 'round an 'round with this issue in this thread,

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/quot-No-Returns-quot-no-longer-allowed/td-p/32264087

The link to seller preferences no longer contains the "Return settings" you have listed. It has only settings for "Return rules" and "RMA number". Please supply the link that shows the "Return options" you listed as it is no longer displayed in "Return preferences". TIA.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I also just want to let you know that return settings are very important

ebays uses 3 buisness polices and this is one of them.shipping and payments are the other two

buisness polices are all required and are extremely important

when  you go to check out your policies you may find ther are a dozen or so from the last few years.

when actually writing a lsiting it can be confusing when you go to change/pick out  a new policy twist.

they need to have a name.old policies do not really ever dissappear unless you make it happen

when you make a listing you may just use one but there can be 20 in the list if you look at the master list

@outdoorbrands4less 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 7
latest reply