cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Returns" no longer allowed.......

Just checked my Return Preferences and "No Returns" is no longer an option. Any ideas on this? TIA.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Mine does.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.36.37 PM.png

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Makes zero difference. eBay always allows returns. If a buyer makes a stink when a seller says no returns, eBay allows it anyway. The seller will lose their money and the customer will get to keep the item. It’s a win win for the buyer. 
I sell lingerie and swimwear…..still take returns. Rare, but it happens 

j

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Mine does.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.36.37 PM.png

Seeing the same.  OP are you just mis-reading how it applies/worded?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

"Makes zero difference. eBay always allows returns. If a buyer makes a stink when a seller says no returns, eBay allows it anyway."

Huh? Of course you can still specify "no returns" and eBay will honor that.

Of course, that does not in any way mean "no refunds". But if a seller prefers to simply refund an INAD claim without requiring a return, they can do so.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Does not matter

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Does not matter Ebay will ALWAYS allow a return. the wonderful buyers they provide to us can return or claim anything they want. Ebay does not protect sellers when you make a sale all you can do is cross your fingers for six months and hope buyer does not file some sort of claim, false, fraudulent what ever they choose and ebay will refund with no questions. 

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

@inhawaii 

>Mine does.

Here's what I'm seeing,

Screenshot - 9_9_2021 , 1_55_38 PM.png

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

@bimm_corp wrote:

Just checked my Return Preferences and "No Returns" is no longer an option. Any ideas on this? TIA.

It would be for the best because there is no such thing as "no returns"

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@dentalrprtek2012 wrote:

Does not matter Ebay will ALWAYS allow a return. the wonderful buyers they provide to us can return or claim anything they want. Ebay does not protect sellers when you make a sale all you can do is cross your fingers for six months and hope buyer does not file some sort of claim, false, fraudulent what ever they choose and ebay will refund with no questions. 

It does matter.  A little. 

I am one of those sellers who does not accept returns. I understand that if someone files a INAD i'll be giving them a refund.  But at least i have the right to DENY any "i changed my mind" returns.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I hope they did get rid of it. There was no reason to have it in the first place.

It didn't mean what most sellers thought it meant. Lots of sellers have lost a ton because of it.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

@imonsterdeals 

@classynottrasshylingerie

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

The seller can refuse the return, but she still has to refund.

And a seller with a No Returns policy, is still allowed to demand return before refunding, although she may have to pay for the tracked return shipping.

Under some circumstances, a seller who has a No Returns policy, may not have to pay for return shipping.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

That area is to set up preferences if you allow returns.  You can check off whether you accept returns or not on the listing form.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

@bimm_corp 

Just the new "eBay speak"

Can not leave things alone.

That which is clearly understood MUST be changed to make it confusing. An eBay rule.

"no returns" is still allowed by a matter of "exception.

exception being............                   it is "no returns" unless you check the box(s) to accept returns.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

But at least i have the right to DENY any "i changed my mind" returns.

...and then chargeback.

No returns is lose or lose bigger.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply