cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are all the people?

WTH where has everyone gone? Ebay if you read these forums.... please put out to the media that if buyers have used their account in 6 months. They will be in jeopardy of loosing their user name. This should bring back the people.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

They had a calling.

It said "I need you, you, you".

Ebay didn't call anybody.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

@online-treasure-box wrote:

WTH where has everyone gone? Ebay if you read these forums.... please put out to the media that if buyers have used their account in 6 months. They will be in jeopardy of loosing their user name. This should bring back the people.

Anything would be of help , perhaps e bay should be advertising their site too ? I just wrote about an article I read today  .It said on  black Friday  Americans spent 7 billion dollars  in online purchases  while they stayed away  from the mall . Someone is selling  somewhere . Tulips

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

They are on the book of faces.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Ebay has never been a "must buy periodically or we kick you out" site. I wouldn't want to be a member of such a site.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

.....   Ebay if you read these forums.... please put out to the media that if buyers have used their account in 6 months. They will be in jeopardy of loosing their user name. This should bring back the people.

You do Realize that eBay allows guest buyers, a user account is not required.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Yup- a competing marketplace. Pretty amazing that the best place to get hold of eBay is on a competitor's site, ain't it?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

Yup- a competing marketplace. Pretty amazing that the best place to get hold of eBay is on a competitor's site, ain't it?

One could even contemplate - letting their mind wander off into the void of twilight zoning - that things were being set up for a merger or some such thing. 

Strange how this cold hour before dawn can affect one.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

They had a calling.

It said "I need you, you, you".

Ebay didn't call anybody.

Ah yes, the ubiquitous singing boxes, which it seems are everywhere this year.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Ebay if you read these forums.... please put out to the media that if buyers have used their account in 6 months. They will be in jeopardy of loosing their user name. This should bring back the people.

IMHO, the threat of losing your account name on a site that you have not visited in 6 months is not much of a threat. 

And if they made that threat and did not follow through, it would just give people more reasons to post here and complain that eBay is not doing its job 🙂

That aside, one of the standard metrics that eBay uses in its federally mandated reporting is an "active buyer", which they define as someone who has closed a transaction in the last 12 months. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

"Strange how this cold hour before dawn can affect one. "

Reminds me I could use one.     A cold shower, jees what are you all thinking?  Too early for a cold beer but then again it is 5 oclock someplace.   CHEERS!    I mean where is my rubber ducky?     🙂

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

anyways back on subject. I don't sell this time of year but was with my buddy yesterday and he sold 42 items Wednesday and thought he was going to have very happy season and he hasn't had a sale since. 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

they would be foolish if they did that after 6 months, They look good saying they have 25 million sellers and 200 million buyers or whatever their numbers really are versus saying we still have 25 million sellers but our 200 million buyers are only 300 people because the rest hasn't brought anything in 6 months.   

Nothing like killing your stocks.  

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Sorry -- but I find that to be a ridiculous idea.  There are probably many of us who are NOT frequent buyers or maybe only signed on to buy one item.  At a time when sellers are complaining madly about not making any sales, why chase away ANY potential buyers, regardless of whether their last eBay purchase was in 2008? 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

They are looking to do their shopping on other competing websites. Ebay has lost it's appeal and has for quite some time now.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply