cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When someone writes to ask a question for which the answer is clearly stated in your listing

....do you just reply the answer, or do you tell them it's in the listing?  

Let's say it's something you know without having to look it up in the listing yourself, and it would require the exact same number of keystrokes to answer as 'It's stated in the listing.'  (LOL).  

What's your philosophy on this?  

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

When someone writes to ask a question for which the answer is clearly stated in your listing

@gurlcat wrote:

....do you just reply the answer, or do you tell them it's in the listing?  

I just assume they're browsing with the useless Mobile app, which buries the description. I answer the questions, and gently nudge them by saying that further details can be found in the description accompanying the listing. (Mobile app user: "What description? They have descriptions?")

Message 46 of 48
latest reply

@wesk_36 wrote:

"Just yesterday...does this book have the dust jacket?"

Answer-"Yes."

Does that hurt?

All the time. What good can come of selling a book to a person that doesn't read?

Rather they didn't come back, ever.

Message 47 of 48
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@gurlcat 

My standard response to questions whether the answer is in the listing or not.

Dear Buyer,

Thank you for your interest in xyz. 

Answer question.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I may be of further assistance. 

Sincerely,

Seller Name

Yep and that sounds a lot better than  just '' Go away kid  you're bothering me !  lol 

Message 48 of 48
latest reply