cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it comes to Supreme fake box logos, is there any way I can win?

I have a lot of proof that the Supreme box logo hoodie I bought for a lot of money that is considered to be fake.

I put all the evidence into eBay messages so the seller, eBay, and I can see them.

I worry that I'll lose $700 because eBay can't tell if the hoodie is fake or not even with all the evidence and proof I have. There are a lot of good fake Supreme box logo hoodies so eBay is going to have a tough time. But there is a clear fake eBay can see and if eBay can spot the flying 'e'. I feel like I can get my money back. I am a seller too and I sell Supreme. I don't sell fake Supreme because it's against eBay policy and also I'm not a **bleep**.

So I cross my fingers.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Did you open a case for SNAD?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

$700 for a coat that can be ruined by a cheeseburger... but yeah open a SNAD.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

eBay doesn’t often ask a buyer to prove that an item is not authentic as they don’t have the expertise for each brand sold here. If you opened a return because the item is not as described/not authentic they will likely tell the seller to accept the return and to send you a shipping label. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I'd keep it simple - file the SNAD and escalate the case to the money-back guarantee if the seller does not respond in time: 1) refund, 2) accept the return, 3) offer a partial refund, or 4) offer a replacement.

You don't have to prove it is fake.  Surely, everyone is aware that there are counterfeits all over the place.  $700 isn't a high-dollar issue that you should really be concerned about getting to return, but If you lose on eBay, file with PayPal.  If you lose there - and you paid with a Visa or MC debit card - or any credit card - file a chargeback.

WORD OF CAUTION:  PAY FOR THE RETURN LABEL YOURSELF AND GET SIGNED DELIVERY FROM ONLY THE SELLER - FEDEX, UPS, OR DHL.  ALSO INSURE TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID.  eBay & Paypal require signature confirmation on purchases over $750 but since this is a return case...but it's up to you.

Here's what eBay says: eBay Money Back Guarantee https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Walmart now makes hoodies that say 'supreme' on them. Think they were $15 and looked identical

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@offwhitewrote:

I have a lot of proof that the Supreme box logo hoodie I bought for a lot of money that is considered to be fake. I am a seller too and I sell Supreme.

If you know that hoodie is fake and you also sell them why would you buy it ? It may be a difficult return if your seller sees you are trying to eliminate the competition. They will call Ebay, complain and report YOU.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@coolectionswrote:

@offwhitewrote:

I have a lot of proof that the Supreme box logo hoodie I bought for a lot of money that is considered to be fake. I am a seller too and I sell Supreme.

If you know that hoodie is fake and you also sell them why would you buy it ? It may be a difficult return if your seller sees you are trying to eliminate the competition. They will call Ebay, complain and report YOU.

Not sure why some here feel that just because we are competitors we are out to get someone here.

But it does explain why a lot of us have separate seller and buyer accounts.

I sell diamond jewelry.  I buy diamond jewelry.  But I also have a fair knowledge in diamond jewelry.  I cannot always tell by a photo if a diamond is real, but once I get it, I and my gemologist can do a simple test to determine that and also whether it is the quality as stated.

This OP bought it from a photo.  But photos do not tell you everything.  You need to see and hold the item upclose.  And if you sell the same product it just means you have the added expertise to determine if it is legit or not.

Not all of us are out to get our competitors.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

Not sure why some here feel that just because we are competitors we are out to get someone here.

@emerald40

Because I have read many seller's posts and there have been many who have WON cases BECAUSE the cried to Ebay that it was a competitor. I am not out to get the OP but I do find it curious that they know for sure the by looking at the LOGO that the item is a fake. Was there not a picture of the LOGO when they purchased the item ?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

If I woke up to see $15 Million in my bank account, there are a lot of things I would and could spend $700 on, but a sweater is not one of those.

While it's your money and your free to spend it as you wish, I ask this...what exactly do you expect to gain by spending close to a grand on a sweater?

I've never quite understood the mentality of people who spend an astronomical amount of money (Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Armani, Hermes, etc) in hopes to garner supposed respect from people who 99% of the time don't care what brand of clothing you have on. While there is a point of "you get what you pay for" in terms of quality, I highly doubt a $590 shirt from Gucci would outlast a Hane's heavy cotton shirt, or stain any less easily.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

If the seller offers returns just return it as remorse and pay the shipping back. If he doesn't and you have doubt of its authenticity file snad and return it.  For a $700 item I would want to feel very sure of what I have purchased.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Try on some real leather sneakers and see if you're still okay with your China mades.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Maybe so, but there comes a tipping point where the quality is NOT going to be any better just because it has a designer name on it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@tkinnebrew wrote:

Try on some real leather sneakers and see if you're still okay with your China mades.

Weather permitting, I walk 4-6 miles a day on blacktop roads.  I buy sub-$20 shoes and walk through the bottoms at least twice a year.  Tops are fine.  No one has yet been able to convince me that soles on $50 or higher shoes will last longer.

The $10-15 jeans I buy at the K place last me several years working out in the yard and doing errands.  Will I gain anything by buying $100 jeans with a fancy name?  Hint, I got some Hilfiger jeans here a few years back.  They didn't last as long.

Moral of the story ...  brand names and higher prices do not translate to to durability and longevity.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I was waiting in line to pick up my Army uniform at the dry cleaner and the woman in front of me was literally in tears explaining to the guy behind the counter that she'd paid over $5000 for the horseback riding jacket that now had a nearly invisible pattern of white smudges all over it due to the cleaning process. The guy kept explaining over and over that their liability extended only so far as the cost of the service and that that had been explained to her at the time she dropped it off and that she'd acknowledged it with her signature. She just couldn't accept what had happened to her.

I say you can either afford a $5000 jacket, or you can't. I wouldn't buy a $500 jacket, and I think real hard before spending $50 on a jacket because I worry about it getting machine oil on it or someone stealing it off the coat rack at a diner. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply