cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I send an offer again on an item that was expired or declined?

I have several items that I sent as offers to watchers but were expired or declined. When will I be allowed to send offers again to the same watchers at lower prices? Right now, eBay won't allow me to send further offers to them. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

As far as I am aware, you can only send an offer once. If the offer you sent was not your 'last and final' offer, you need to enable counteroffers when you make the offer. 

Two things to consider

1) Many watchers are not buyers but actually other sellers of the same item.

2) The idea of not allowing you to keep sending offers is eBay does not want buyers feeling 'harassed'.   

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I think only one offer is ever allowed, too. I'd offer to consider dropping the BIN and see what happens. Good luck.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If the listing has been running for a long time with no sales you could try ending it then list again using the 'sell similar' option at a lower  price.  I've had some success with that strategy.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@frankenhobbit wrote:

As far as I am aware, you can only send an offer once. If the offer you sent was not your 'last and final' offer, you need to enable counteroffers when you make the offer. 

Two things to consider

1) Many watchers are not buyers but actually other sellers of the same item.

2) The idea of not allowing you to keep sending offers is eBay does not want buyers feeling 'harassed'.   

I started bookmarking similar items to what I was researching for selling purposes, rather than putting them on my watch list, to prevent getting all those emails from other sellers offering me discounts on something I didn't want because I already had one that I was planning to sell myself.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@john_wade wrote:

I have several items that I sent as offers to watchers but were expired or declined. When will I be allowed to send offers again to the same watchers at lower prices? Right now, eBay won't allow me to send further offers to them. 

You cannot send another offer, and eBay does this for good reason. 

Offers to watcher are unsolicited commercial messages - which are also known as spam. 

eBay very correctly limits your ability to spam other members. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If you have their IDs, you can send a Message to the customer. But you would only have that if the customer had declined your Offer.

And that customer already told you they were not interested.

The others were not interested enough even to respond .

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Nothing wrong with sending offers to same watchers once a month especially when there are new watchers included but to limit send offers to only once to all watchers both old and new is absolutely ridiculous. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@john_wade wrote:

Nothing wrong with sending offers to same watchers once a month especially when there are new watchers included but to limit send offers to only once to all watchers both old and new is absolutely ridiculous. 

You are mistaken. eBay does not limit your ability to send offers to new watchers. They only limit your ability to send offers to the same watcher for the same item more than once.

If you cannot send offers to your new watchers, those watchers must have either (a) opted out, or (b) received too many offers from other sellers.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@john_wade wrote:

Its one-and-done per watcher. No one including yourself as a buyer wants to have the same seller sending unsolicited offer after unsolicited offer time and time again. It would not be just one seller doing that but every seller of something you are watching - meaning that every day there would be more repeat offers coming in. That is why you have a limit of sending one offer per watcher - so make your offer a good one.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply