cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Do Defects Apply?

I have a defect incoming from a cancellation and I'm wondering if it applies to  your account on the day of the sale, the day of the cancellation or does it apply later? The reason I'm asking is because I'm a small seller and now I need to sell a bunch of stuff to make sure my percantage stays up once february rolls around and 30 previous transactions no longer count toward my defect %. Now my worry is that in a year when that defect eventually drops off, if it ends up dropping off after these transactions then I'll end up falling below standard anyways, despite selling a bunch of things right afterward.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

When Do Defects Apply?

I think it applies from the date you cancel it.

Check your Seller Dashboard or your Selling Hub.

See what it says there as far as defects.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When Do Defects Apply?

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

It says nothing as of yet, no defects. I’m guessing it won’t show until after December’s evaluation?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When Do Defects Apply?

@haneydeals wrote:

I have a defect incoming from a cancellation and I'm wondering if it applies to  your account on the day of the sale, the day of the cancellation or does it apply later? The reason I'm asking is because I'm a small seller and now I need to sell a bunch of stuff to make sure my percantage stays up once february rolls around and 30 previous transactions no longer count toward my defect %. Now my worry is that in a year when that defect eventually drops off, if it ends up dropping off after these transactions then I'll end up falling below standard anyways, despite selling a bunch of things right afterward.

@haneydeals wrote:

No, you won't end up falling below standard ANYWAY.  (Sorry, but there is no s at the end of anyway)

IF it ends up dropping off after these transactions, it will only make your rate go up, not down.  It would only go down if you got another defect.

And the more transactions you have now that go successfully, the better off you will be.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When Do Defects Apply?

@haneydeals wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

It says nothing as of yet, no defects. I’m guessing it won’t show until after December’s evaluation?

I'm not sure.  It may or may not, it may just take a few days now for the system to catch up.  I don't think it would wait until after the next evaluation on the 20th, but that is just me.

Hopefully someone will come along with more info for you on this.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

When Do Defects Apply?

It won't matter when...you have 50+ sales over the last 12 months, so you're still under 2% until Feb when those 30 sales drop off.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

When Do Defects Apply?

At your sales volume, you are evaluated monthly. 

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 7 of 7
latest reply