cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats with the screwy ebay "1 star rating" on my listing ?

I have an item for sale with 5 star ratings across the internet and most of ebay.   Why does my listing have a 1 star rating for this product because of one "junk dealer" who sells old untested products ?

The Google Display ads for this product sponsored by ebay typically has 5 stars.  My listing has 1 star for the same Brand, Model, and UPC as the 5 star ratings.   So I guess I have to remove product identifiers to get rid of this isolated 1 star rating caused by one derilect seller.  

Is there a way to have my listing show the good ratings for a product, instead of the bad rating from 1 bad review caused by another seller ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Whats with the screwy ebay "1 star rating" on my listing ?

@gps-recovery wrote:

I have an item for sale with 5 star ratings across the internet and most of ebay.   Why does my listing have a 1 star rating for this product because of one "junk dealer" who sells old untested products ?

The Google Display ads for this product sponsored by ebay typically has 5 stars.  My listing has 1 star for the same Brand, Model, and UPC as the 5 star ratings.   So I guess I have to remove product identifiers to get rid of this isolated 1 star rating caused by one derilect seller.  

Is there a way to have my listing show the good ratings for a product, instead of the bad rating from 1 bad review caused by another seller ?

You can no longer remove product identifiers.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Why does this happen? Two ebay listings for the same exact product having 1 star and 5 star ratings.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When you listed did you do "sell similar."

Could it have been one with a 1 star product rating?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I found this out some time ago when looking for a CD.

I read the review, which was horrible.  Went on to other listings and it dawned on me the same horrible review was on ALL of them.  Not fair to those other sellers, IMO.

The review subtly had allusions to that particular seller in it, as well.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No I didn't use a sell similar. By the way, My listing has a Google Display Ad sponsored by ebay with a 5 star rating . . . then the product in the listing has a 1 star rating.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply