cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats with the promoted ad rate???

The math isn't adding up on the fees or I'm just missing the fine print... 

Let's say I sell something for $10.00 with a 20% promotional rate to really put it out there. 

It gives me a ton of watchers but no sells which is frustrating so I try a different strategy and mark down the price to $8.00 and lower the percentage rate to 2% just to be relevant. 

Well it starts getting sells but there's no way the 2% promo fee is that much... I already took a big hit by lowering the price of the item but it looks like I'm also being hit by that original 20% on top of that so I make very little to no profit. How's that make sense??? 

Are they saying - well Steve clicked on the item 29 days ago when it was 20% so you'll be charged 20% but Shelly clicked on it yesterday so we'll charge you 2% for her??? 

If I knew promoted listings worked in that manner I would of avoided them altogether.

I ended up deleting those listings and started over to stop (Steve) from charging me 20% ... So I lost views, watchers and the Sold Items counter because the other remedy would be to raise the prices again then the new buyers would flee. It's a losing battle.

So Lesson learned. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Whats with the promoted ad rate???

@dubbledee2004 wrote:

If I knew promoted listings worked in that manner I would of avoided them altogether.

That is the best advice now that you understand how it works and are not satisfied with the results. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply