cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with my earnings.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my earnings so far this week.  I might buy a chocolate bar, a Snapple & a scratch ticket.  I'll even have change left!  Wish me luck.  lol   Oooops - forgot 10% goes to eBay.  No change.  haha   Good luck to us all.     🙂

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: What to do with my earnings.

I used my earnings to start up another venue to sell:)

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Seriously , Paying off the BMW I bought a few months ago. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

eBay used to be my main source of income. I still have a store and auctions, but what I have been selling are very low priced items with little or no profits. Like most of you sellers, terrible sales really for the past 3 years or so. I also noticed that the things I look for on eBay, certain collectibles....there's nothing new to see or buy. I am wondering is it even worth doing this anymore? eBay's greed has hurt this site and the tax on items. Reply

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for all the good ideas on this thread.  😄

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

"Did you get to see one in person?"

Yes, they have a white one at a dealership next county over.  I want one too when I saw an ad for them but I cannot get myself to spend that much for a new toy at least for now.   Base price is $40,000 with $11,00 worth of add-ons on it.

I am a jeep fanatic too. I grew up with them in the stable. I actually have 5 jeeps right now and maybe a sixth one coming from Kentucky shortly that has an  immaculate body wise but needs an engine  but being in Wi. I have one that is engine strong but the body is almost gone so it will be a perfect mate.

Me I will wait and buy one after they are about 3 years old, let someone else take the hard hit on depreciation first.  Then I can justify buying a toy for getting into trouble at that price.   🙂

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Just looked at the wife's.

Good news. bad news.

It says up 110% from the last 31 days. While that seems like a wonderful thing, in fact, the last 31 days were the worst in 2-3 years, so while the increase is welcomed, it is not really a great thing.

The other half of the picture is that the sales are down 52% form the same period a year ago.  Too many days with blank spaces in the other chart.

At this rate the one OOS defect is going to soon knock her out of TRS.

Then there is the flip side with my account. Says up 258% from a year ago. That seems great, but it's down 41% from the last 31 days, and the 1 year ago was the worst selling month ever on the account. Seems that was about the time that 30 day free returns thing popped in.

Oh well, on the bright side, don't need to source more inventory.  More time for mowing the lawn, and fishing.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@springs_2013 wrote:
I'm paying relist fees.. had to dip into my pocket for that. Just rain water for me. Not even city tap water *running tears*

@springs_2013 

If that is a regular thing for you.  You may want to consider a store.  It is likely to be cheaper for you.  If you are willing to entertain the idea, keep in mind that there is more benefits to a store beyond just your allotment of free listings.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

More time for mowing the lawn, and fishing.

FTFY

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Last week was pretty good with almost $570 in sales.  So far, after 4 days, I'm below $9.  ???  Really??!  Quite the pattern.  So glad my fees are due in a few days.  Now I feel like one of those bands who were a 1-hit wonder.  lol   

Message 24 of 24
latest reply