cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do, what to do!

Hmm!

Let's see, the refund on fees dropped from 20% to 10% - always assuming you can maintain the high standards required

Listing fees went up 12%

I will have to pay for returns starting June 1st  and often the shipping of my items is higher than the price paid.

Perhaps I have missed the recent positive benefits that eBay has instituted for sellers - please advise.

Then in June our little town will hold it's annual community wide garage sale - widely advertised and bring hundreds of treasure hunters to town.

No fees

No returns

No packing and shipping.

What to do, what to do!!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What to do, what to do!

6 REPLIES 6

What to do, what to do!

Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What to do, what to do!

Somehow I sense this is not quite a dilemma, LOL!

I'm picking up what you're putting down.Smiley Wink

Good sales to you, OP.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What to do, what to do!

I like to inject a little levity here once in a while!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What to do, what to do!

Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What to do, what to do!

@luvs-shelley wrote:

Hmm!

Let's see, the refund on fees dropped from 20% to 10% - always assuming you can maintain the high standards required

Listing fees went up 12%

I will have to pay for returns starting June 1st  and often the shipping of my items is higher than the price paid.

Perhaps I have missed the recent positive benefits that eBay has instituted for sellers - please advise.

Then in June our little town will hold it's annual community wide garage sale - widely advertised and bring hundreds of treasure hunters to town.

No fees

No returns

No packing and shipping.

What to do, what to do!!!

Those treasure hunters are looking for bargains to sell on eBay. I'd put up as much as I could in the community sale, but really it's once a year and you're getting a few hundred (just estimating) people coming through. I know you said you're trying to inject a little levity, but really what do you get on eBay? Nationwide (or world wide) exposure and the ability to work from your home without putting on pants. Good luck in your sale!

I never had luck selling in gargage sales 😞

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What to do, what to do!

I agree with your synopsis of selling on eBay. However with many, many items that I would list for $5 or less, I find I can sell them in the garage sale for $2.00 and little work involved (although granted I do have to put on a pair of pants!) . If a fellow eBayer buys them that's great!
Always remember, you make your profit when you buy, not when you sell. Many of my items I buy for pennies - I always look for the items no one else wants to bother with at an Auction or Estate sale.
I am retired but like to stay busy and love to go to auctions. I am in the process of teaching my great-grandchildren how to spot a bargain. Life is great!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply