cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on

With the search function on your active listings page?

Does it have to index before it shows up there?

I have 3 listings (on another ID) I listed over 12 hours ago and they show up in my active listings on the all selling page, but when I go to active listings and search under keywords in the title they're nowhere to be seen.

They can't be found in a search from another ID either. Surely they should be showing up as newly listed by now? They're nothing that has to be "vetted by bots". Just run of the mill diecasts.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you gave me the item number I would be glad to look for it.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Just a thought.  Are you logged in as a seller?  Log out and just search and you may see those listings.  It seems that the seller may not see their own items at times.  

Good Luck, hope this works!

BTW, love your siggie!  As the Cowardly Lion said, ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It's all about the indexing
It happens to me also and on this account anytime I put the store on vacation it takes forever for it to re index back in so I bulk edit and don't change anything then click enter to get them moving.
It never used to take this long for items but there are just that many listings now

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/finding-listing?id=4162&st=3&pos=1&query=Fin...

After you create a listing, it should show up in eBay searches within 24 hours. If you're having trouble finding it, there's a few things you can do.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

With the search function on your active listings page?

Does it have to index before it shows up there?

You mean the seller-facing active listings page, not buyer-facing search, right? Filter by store category and it will show up immediately. Use the search bar and you have to wait for it to index. I usually see it show up using the search within 5-15 minutes.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Nope. Doesn't show up if I select category either, or if I use see store.

Makes it hard to check to see if something actually listed or not when ebay has a hiccup.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I was talking about filtering by category on Seller Hub active listings page without using any search terms.

Do you have the item number? Go directly to the listing using the item number: https://www.ebay.com/itm/#########

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

When indexing is taking forever, I try to give it a kick in the rear.

I bring it up on this ID (by listing number).  Then I add it to my watch list.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Even in a "search" the item number doesn't bring it up, which was why I was wondering if (and if yes, why) indexing affects a search on your own selling pages.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Just listed 2 new listings on this ID and they're searchable on my active listings almost immediately. wth?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

So now - many hours later, they finally show up and as expected one immediately sold.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Congrats!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I put my store on vacation when I moved. I had more sales then usual. I might have to do it again to get more sales. Ha!
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@trustedbasset wrote:
I put my store on vacation when I moved. I had more sales then usual. I might have to do it again to get more sales. Ha!

There must be something to that.  Not the first time I have read this happening.  

Maybe people want what they can't have.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply