cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What size store do you have?

I finally opened a basic store a year ago after just using the free listings and promos we use to get. The 250 BIN just aren't cutting it - and the auctions go nowhere usually - so I was thinking of upgrading to the next level store. 

I have enough inventory to use the 1000 listings but am wondering if it's worth it - now that sales have fallen for a lot of us. It won't sell if it's not listed - but an extra $40 a month for a yr is a lot of money.

Is it worth it as far as sales and do you have to redo all your categories and start from scratch?

I know some hated the free promos - but I sold much more with the promos and the site saturated with items - then I have with fewer items clogging up categories and no promos.

Tahnks in advance!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: What size store do you have?

I have an anchor store. 

I'm think of cutting out about 3000 listings and going down to Premium but I'll decide after the holidays.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:
 .... Since my yearly subscription does not expire until May I believe - I'll have to call and see if I can upgrade being in the middle of the contract....

Don't waste time calling.  This is right in the TOS.  You CAN upgrade a store mid-year, but it re-sets the calendar.  You'd be committing to a full year at the new level (or paying a fee to downgrade or close it within the new year).  See section 6:

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thanks partial!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I have an anchor store with over 8300 listings. I've made the jump from Basic to Premium to Anchor. From my experience, you do get a little bit more exposure with each upgrade, but that all depends on you. You have to constantly make a sales promotion going on every 2-3 months. This sales promotion will boost your sales tremendously. The promotion is what boosts your exposure. Basic stores get the lowest promotion exposure while the anchor gets the highest. There are other things, but that's for another day.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I upgraded to Premium a while ago. I have too many listings for the Basic store, though do not manage to have 1000 listed. I have a lot to list right now and it's the time to do it, but the days tend to fly by and I still haven't put in the time to list here (I list everything as fast as possible on the River because that is where I get most of my sales).

Message 20 of 20
latest reply