cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What shipping option do I choose?

Ok so ever since Ebay decided it was a good idea to completely screw up the final shipping screen, I'm left with asking the forums what I'm even supposed to be looking at now.  I obviously can't call them because you're on hold for an entire week if you're lucky!

So first off why in the hell do all these shipping options you obviously can't use come up now for items that you blatantly can't use?  I put in the dimensions of a large box item and all these flat rate box and evelope options come up that I obviously can't use?  What is the point!!?

And lastly here is my item.  16 x 12 x 6 @ 3lbs weight.

Can I use USPS Priority Mail Large Package and use my own box?

Can I use USPS Priority Mail Package and use my own box?

I'm pretty sure I can't use any of the Flat Rate boxes as they aren't big enough for my item and I want to use my OWN box anyways.  I don't even know what Regional A box is...

If you have any clarification for me, please respond.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Haven't seen the new shipping page, so can't comment on that.......

Certainly you can........you can't use your own box for flat rate prices....as you know........

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Haven't seen the new shipping page, so can't comment on that.......

Certainly you can........you can't use your own box for flat rate prices....as you know........

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you very much for the reply.  The new page is extremely ugly and is extremely confusing.  The old page would come up with a nice small window AND EVEN select the best option for you without you having to hassle yourself.  Now I know what I'm looking at based on your reply though.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

you don't call ebay about what shipping to use....

HAVE you thought about going to a post office and asking them...they will explain about flat rate, regional, priority....etc....

yes you can weight it and size the box for a priority large package rate....USPS site can estimate you cost...you'll need a destination, but with size and weight...you can do it..

flat rate is flat rate and yes it depends on what you can fit ...large flat rate boxes are really that big, but you can go get one for free and you'll know.

but i suggest if you are learning about shipping...go talk to them..learn from them.....get the weight from them..packed with stuffing and box..full weight....so you can then know the real shipping weight.....or buy your own scale if this is going to happen often

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@pingpong517 wrote:

you don't call ebay about what shipping to use....

HAVE you thought about going to a post office and asking them...they will explain about flat rate, regional, priority....etc.... i suggest if you are learning about shipping...go talk to them..learn from them...

There is no need to do that.  Just fill in the package dimensions and choose Priority Mail.  Not flat rate and not large box.  The local Post Office counter is far from the ideal place to get a basic education about USP shipping options, especially for a seller who prints their postage online.  The OP's question was about the setup of the horrible new shipping label prep form, not about what types of shipping USPS offers.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@frezia wrote:

Yes, and yes.  In fact, you will be charged the correct postage regardless of which option you choose, as long as you enter the dimensions accurately.  Your 16x12x6 box is not a large box.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes it's late.  I feel your pain!

Ebay cares about nothing but profits!

That being said, I'm sure you have figured how to best optimize your profits by now.

If not, let me know and I'll work up a plan for you!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I could use some help!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply