cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with the listing tool

I list 100+ items every week and I just schedule them to start on an specific day and time. When I try to schedule a listing to start at 5:00pm this week, the hour automatically jumps to 6pm or 7pm. Then if I select sell similar and schedule the listing for 5:01pm, the hour automatically goes to 7pm.

Basically, the schedule time is jumping all over the place by itself. I have about 200 listing to put up a minute apart. With this jumping around, it will take hours 😞

Tried it in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox and same behavior.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The US goes on Daylight Savings time this weekend for most states. 

That means the lose of an hour as the time automatically goes forward an hour in the middle of night Saturday-Sunday in the Pacific Time zone--which is official eBay time.

That would take scheduled start times from 5 to 6, I'm not sure why they would go from 5 to 7.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Spring forward time Saturday night. If you post something for 5 PM on Sunday...it will post 6 PM. I remember this from my past. 

Cool corals for sale or auction by the way...really cool.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Most of your items would do just as well as fixed price BIN listings and that would also make the start time a moot issue.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I've been listing like this for over 10 years and it has never done that for day light savings. I always schedule my items to start on Tuesday at 5:00pm and schedule everything one minute apart. Never had to play with the hour drop down on each listing, just change the minutes.

Looks like someone at eBay got the logic wrong and they released the defective code in production without testing. I hope they catch it soon or people who use eBay for scheduling their listings will have fun listing large number of items.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hey @gwcorals. Others reported this same issue in November over daylight savings weekend.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Listing-Tool-changes-the-time-I-enter-for-a-scheduled/m-p/...

It appears to be some sort of glitch with the new listing tool combined with daylight savings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, this is exactly what's going on. Hour jumps even when you change AM to PM. Oh well, at least it's only going to happen twice a year 🙂 If they were going to fix it, they would have dine it by now.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@gwcorals wrote:

Oh well, at least it's only going to happen twice a year

Unless they get rid of time changes entirely. Depends what happens with the Sunshine Protection Act.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I noticed this in November.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Listing-Tool-changes-the-time-I-enter-for-a-scheduled/td-p...  One and only response suggested it has to do with DST.  It also happened recently when scheduling a listing, so assuming it's DST.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply