cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of a listing is this? See Price On Checkout

Here's a listing I've never seen set up like this.

If you hit Buy It Now and don't like the price, you're pretty much screwed, right.

Have a great day.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: What kind of a listing is this? See Price On Checkout

No, just go back to the previous page, click on the ebay icon, close the tab.... anything except completing the transaction ..... no problem!
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@suzsezso2 wrote:
No, just go back to the previous page, click on the ebay icon, close the tab.... anything except completing the transaction ..... no problem!

I wasn't looking to buy it, just come across it and wondered how they can list it with no price showing.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Sorry, I guess I read too much into your "If you hit Buy It Now and don't like the price, you're pretty much screwed, right." comment.... my bad!
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

These listings are usually for large sellers who have contractual agreements with the widget's manufacturer to not advertise the lower price they are offering, normally an amount below the MSRP.  It is an accepted practice on eBay. To see the price, the buyer must put the widget in his cart, clicking on "Add to Cart" not "Buy It Now." If he doesn't like the resulting amount, the buyer can click "Remove" to back out of the cart without any obligation.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

These listings are usually for large sellers who have contractual agreements with the widget's manufacturer to not advertise the lower price they are offering, normally an amount below the MSRP.  It is an accepted practice on eBay.

It shouldn't be.  It's just another of many example of how some sellers are allowed to play by different rules.  These kinds of things need to be eliminated and the playing field leveled so all sellers play by the same rules sitewide.

alan@ebay

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

But there is no add to cart button shown!

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

These listings are usually for large sellers who have contractual agreements with the widget's manufacturer to not advertise the lower price they are offering, normally an amount below the MSRP.  It is an accepted practice on eBay.

It shouldn't be.  It's just another of many example of how some sellers are allowed to play by different rules.  These kinds of things need to be eliminated and the playing field leveled so all sellers play by the same rules sitewide.

alan@ebay

This is how it is everywhere when they can't show the price via normal advertising. It's not just an accepted practice on ebay - but everywhere.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

This is how it is everywhere when they can't show the price via normal advertising. It's not just an accepted practice on ebay - but everywhere.

I'm aware it's allowed elsewhere and I don't buy from those types.  It should not be allowed HERE since not all sellers can do it.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

To see the price, the buyer must put the widget in his cart, clicking on "Add to Cart" not "Buy It Now."

There isn't no Add To Cart button, you have to click Buy It Now to see the price.

You click Buy It Now and don't like the price, you have two choices, pay it or get an Unpaid Item mark against you.

Have a great day.
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

To see the price, the buyer must put the widget in his cart, clicking on "Add to Cart" not "Buy It Now."

There isn't no Add To Cart button, you have to click Buy It Now to see the price.

You click Buy It Now and don't like the price, you have two choices, pay it or get an Unpaid Item mark against you.

FALSE, you go to the confirm payment page and you can back out BEFORE paying and WITHOUT penalty.  

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

False.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

You shouldn't have to commit to buy something, if you don't know how much you are going to pay.

Have a great day.
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

There is no commitment to buy.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

You shouldn't have to commit to buy something, if you don't know how much you are going to pay.

As several of us have stated, click the Buy Now button DOES NOT commit you to buying the item. If you click CONFIRM PAYMENT on the following screens after seeing the price you are commited, but not before.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 29
latest reply