cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your experience with using a tablet or similar device for taking photos and creating listin?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What is your experience with using a tablet or similar device for taking photos and creating lis

I use my phone for simple listings I am just copying from a sold listing. If I am creating a new listing or using upgrades or scheduling a listing, I use a laptop

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: What is your experience with using a tablet or similar device for taking photos and creating lis

That really depends on what you intend to do, if you want to be a seller and have many items to sell on regular basis, I would recommend a good camera and a PC, if you intend to sell occasionally, then a smart phone or a tablet will do.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Personally, i list 30 to 40 items a week and ALWAYS use nothing but a smartphone.  Ebays app makes listing so much quicker and easier.  Using a desktop creates extra steps and time.  Just my personal opinion...there are many that would feel the opposite for probably justifiable reasons....but with todays technology wi th smartphines including the fact that most up to date smartphones have a very nice clear camera..lots of time is saved doing absolutely all listing from your phone.  There are a few things you cannot do from the app..such as list in multiple categories...but can always create 90% of your listing with the app on your phone..save it....then jump on the desktop and revise that listing with options not available.on the desktop (:

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

In part depends on your device. The camera on my tablet is horrible, but the camera on my phone is good.

I always list on a computer because it's more difficult to list with mobile. Options are also limited - mobile can't handle variation listings. The app is even worse than mobile web view - it's not made for serious selling.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I know I am not much into tech unless it really makes my life easier. I like using a mouse, I just find it easier, maybe it is habit. I have a very nice digital cannon camera with a good flash. I have a 1 year old ipad, no flash. I just can't get the same quality photos out of the ipad. The color is not as good and no flash. Yes, I could buy a flash.  I am sure some of the difference is my lack of skill. I think for me the extra trouble of transferring the photos to the computer is worth the better quality photos. As a shopper I don't buy from someone with bad photos.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi, after a bit of trial and error, i now use my smartphone to take my pics. To create listings, i use a PC and the advanced listing format. Then i switch to my eBay phone app and add the photographs. The iPhone 6s takes great pictures and it’s so easy to upload the photos via the app. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

iPad Air 2. Easy peasy
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the replies. Only loking for experience  listing and taking photos with tablet or pad

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Must be more people out there listing with tablet. What's your experience?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Whatever machine you "connect with", will work.

Whether it's an expensive DSLR or a cheap point and shoot camera

or a smartphone or a tablet.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It depends on the complexity of your listings (single/multi with variation) and the quality of your camera.  If you have a very big item or very small item, you may want a higher quality camera than most phones.  That being said, I only use the iphone app for listing.  It is VERY much faster.  In the time it would take just to transfer photos from a phone/camera to a pc and upload them to a listing, I can do an entire listing with photos  on the app.  Also, you can always start the listing on the mobile device, save it without listing, and do complex edits on the desktop.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply