cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with these eBay people ?

I am a long time member with a good rating and all of a sudden I can’t list anything and told my performance is bad, you will have to sell some low dollar items for a while before you can sell a car or anything.  Then I try and list a 3.00 item and it tells me I can’t .    Talked to these people on the phone a few times and it’s been a total nightmare.    Had to open another account and a different bank because after 17  years with eBay and using PayPal they don’t recognize my credit union now and don’t use PayPal.     The service they currently just give me on the phone was totally  terrible.

i really don’t get it.

i guess I will to try new platforms, these guy don’t seem to need the business or care about there customers.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You've enrolled in Managed Payments with your bank information and ss#?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, let me see if i understand. There are a couple of things happening here. Was the reason you opened the second account because you changed over to Managed Payments? Or did you open a second account to get around a selling restriction on the original account?

If it is the latter, eBay may suspend the new account if it was to circumvent the selling limits of the first. What reason did eBay give for lowering your standing? Had you had any out of stock issues or some other problems?

As you discovered, eBay has moved into Managed Payments. PayPal is no longer the payment processor for eBay sellers. In addition, occasional sellers are finding upon return that eBay is treating them like new sellers by placing limits and payment holds on their accounts. 

So things have changed during your hiatus. Sorry this all took you by surprise.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay has been putting a Hold on payments to new and returning sellers for some time. That includes Paypal, at least from the time it ceased to be part of eBay which was forced to sell it off in 2015.

Managed Payments has been around for over two years, but your sales may still have been handled by PP in 2020.

MP is a return to the status of 2014, when eBay wholly owned PP. It was an important profit centre for them.

And now, with MP, they keep fees on payment processing instead of paying them to an independent PP.

To enroll you need a checking account in a bank in your own country. US residents also use their SSN or ITIN to confirm their identity. Non-US like you and I have other options. I used my passport.

Here's the big problem - and you can get more detail on eBayCanada Boards.

If you try to sell from Canada before you enroll in Managed Payments, you won't be able to because your bank and your account have to be in the same country.

If you set up your MP account BEFORE attempting to sell, you can then switch your account to Canadian registration.

But if you try to set up AFTER selling, there will be problems.

And the biggest problem is that you cannot transfer your US account to Canada. You have to set up a new Canadian account, losing all your feedback.  Also your existing listings won't transfer, you will have to rebuild them.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/213

This has been raised. No change in this is expected in the near future. If at all.

You can sell on dotCOM with a dotCA registered account. There are quirks about currency and shipping, but nothing unsurmountable if you have a sense of humour and proportion.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply