cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eBay today??? 9-24-18 Glitches everywhere?

..Have a bunch of sold items that just appeared as active listings AGAIN!! 

..Unable to send messages or communicate with buyers.

And now - just tried to print a label.  Clicked on "print a label" and got to a page with an unfamiliar format.  Clicked out without doing anything and tried to find the format I am familiar with.  Low and behold, I discovered that by clicking on "print a label" under "more actions" it automatically "purchases" whatever is on the page.  You have no option to upgrade shipping method, correct weight or box size, or make any necessary adjustments.

Been toying with the idea of opening and B&M store and give up on eBay, it has become so nuts.  After 18 years of selling here, I am actually looking for locations.  I'm ready to hang it up. 

Are they going a little bonkers in San Jose?  No, I'm pretty sure they are trying to push old timers like me who consider my eBay business MY business and eBay only the format on which I conduct business, out the door.  I wonder how buyers are going to react when they discover more and more sellers are unable to offer them any real customer service.  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: What is going on with eBay today??? 9-24-18 Glitches everywhere?

@johnsonsales-wisconsin wrote:

And now - just tried to print a label.  Clicked on "print a label" and got to a page with an unfamiliar format.  Clicked out without doing anything and tried to find the format I am familiar with.  Low and behold, I discovered that by clicking on "print a label" under "more actions" it automatically "purchases" whatever is on the page.  You have no option to upgrade shipping method, correct weight or box size, or make any necessary adjustments.

The day that eBay forces that new Shipping Label abomination on me is the day I begin purchasing ALL my labels on Stamps.com ... I will NOT beta test their abysmal programming on MY dime.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Its not just me then. 17 listings down to 2. 2! So annoyed. I use my phone for pictures and the computer to actually list, thata ALOT of lost time.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I got the new shipping label page today and HATE IT!   I tried to use it but after ten minutes gave up and clicked View Classic up in the upper right corner.  But I made sure and left feedback first.  Awful is not the word for it, HORRIBLE is.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I wonder how buyers are going to react when they discover more and more sellers are unable to offer them any real customer service.  

Some may do more of their buying on other sites, some may start spending more of their discretionary income in other areas such as leisure time activities, hobbies, becoming a pet parent, etc

Substandard customer service I suspect will tend to discourage buying on eBay.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

ebay making things worse again...

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

These people are sick with greed & incopetence.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

i complain constantly to ebay when i call they interject themselves into every corner of my business and interactions with my customers, AND they provide customer service that is far below what i provide, they need to keep their noses out of our business, because "hey! guess what ebay? WE STILL OWN WHAT WE SELL ON EBAY!! push too hard and you will lose it all.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

There isn't an option that I could find to compare shipping costs, like Flat vs. Regional Flat, vs, Standard Priority. I guess that the "clutter" eBay says they are doing away with.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Hopefully we would still be able to print on Paypal.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Hi, @johnsonsales-wisconsin.

What sold item was relisted mysteriously? Item #s please.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Why are you asking?
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Why are you asking?

I was going to have a look at them and see if I can find the cause.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Same here I have my listings on 30 day fixed price not good till canceled and for days now what ends gets automatically relisted,  not how I have my listings spent 4 hours on phone yesterday ebays final answer to me was its a problem with the mobile app no fix  what gets listed on mobile app will get automatically relisted after 30 days I was told take pictures with mobile phone then save as draft continue with my computer. 

Today I have spent my day ending my listings manually Its a joke!!!!!

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

😞
Message 15 of 21
latest reply