cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on is Ebay trying to Ruin Me? no on sale tab, no personalized stores??

Personally I am wondering, who comes up with these ideas? Have they ever run a business in their life? Are they completely clueless. You have now made every store look the same on ebay right down to the colors. Big ugly blue bar. Mobile friendly. What ever happen to free expression? You can set up your store? We went from chose your template to yipes.  No items on sale button. Sales have plumeted. Yep this is fantastic. Thanks again for another fabulous idea.  Called Customer service yesterday they would "look into it" ha ha ha. Called Today it's permanant. What to do Good grief so much time energy and sweat invested in this business on this site and Ebay just keeps the hits coming.  Maybe this store design works for some people but not for US

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: What is going on is Ebay trying to Ruin Me? no on sale tab, no personalized stores??

eBay is trying to make the whole shopping experience appear as if a buyer is buying from a single entity ... eBay.   So, they want everything to look standard between listings and sellers, and they want the shipping, returns, and customer service to all be the same regardless of which individual seller that the buyer purchases from.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Re: What is going on is Ebay trying to Ruin Me? no on sale tab, no personalized stores??

Yes, pulling the search bar out of the store search option is not good.  For those of us who use a link to display categories or items within our store, it is not now working.  I have talked to C/S (1st try for 33 minutes on hold, 2nd try for 43 minutes on hold) .  Per C/S, these changes to the store displays are being made  to make ebay more mobile freindly and speed up the load times on the mobile device.  ebay understands that once a buyer is in ebay, the goal is to keep the buyer in ebay and not bounce out to another venue.  ebay understands that some buyers are comfortable with a certain seller and try to keep that buyer in that store.  C/S did state that the EXPECTATION is   for ebay to get the search bar back so our original links will continue to work as before so there is hope.

We have over 4500 listings, with a 8500+ feedback and use this search bar feature.  We would like to level off at 5000 items.  We have no desire or time to pull the link or change the link in our 4500 listings.   The changes being made make us wonder if ebay is the right venue for our store items.  

For those of you that are not happy with the new store design and other glitches, please give C/S a call and keep up the pressure.  Numbers do count at the status mettings 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I was actually hoping they would go in the other direction ... emphasize individual sellers by attaching a blog page to stores so sellers could write about their niches/specialties/items in order to help pick up site traffic and to help sellers build a customer base within the site. I've buckled up for the ride .... this will be interesting.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The search bar is back but the search logic has an error.

When entering a value, all the store items are displayed.  Still not good.

So, more work to be done.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

With the perception of internet killing local retail, ebay has a really awesome opportunity to offer small business shopping at its best.  How about do ebay pop up shops across the country to make customers aware of ebay and local ebay sellers.  How about offering shopping stores by categories, by regions, of the country.  If ebay does nothing to stand out and everything to blend in, they might as well change their logo from multicolor to beige.  

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

They have opted to follow a particular format (not sure if I can type the names here) based on the consumer, where the AI of the engine picks and choses the items the shopper might like based on the data the consumer has fed it; the consumer essentially has their own shopping room ..... YOU, the seller, really don't matter unless one of your items falls into the category of interest of the buyer. If you want your own identify, you will have to venture out and establish your own blog/site. Actually its not a bad idea, as it would give you a choice on where you want to host your products. If you sell dog brushes and write an article on the pros and cons of brushing your dog, you could decided to provide a link to your wonderful grooming supplies either here or somewhere else ... just keep in mind if you link here, you may actually end up selling somebody else's product instead of yours.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I do understand the concept that they no longer want us to be individuals just part of the glob. That is the point who want to be the same as everyone else?
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Yes, I also spoke to them several times. They have no intention of changing it. It is here to stay. The search bar for the top of the store, when used dumps you out of the store and back to ebay's main search. Then it is hard to struggle back into the store. They actually are leading people to other stores instead. This may work if they are looking for a specific item but what if the customer wants to just browse your store. It is almost like their system is fighting the customer to throw them out of it. Try browsing your own store using someone else's account it is very enlightening
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yes I was too. My solution to Ebays problem would have been to add to their **bleep** template choices for the stores. And give us a real design helper. Some multiple choice pages for a store front . Blog page to talk to customers. Have the Ebay medallion in the corner like an actual mall online. Maybe a filter to help filter items in the store into a better subtitle choices. I don't know who's idea of the big blue bar was but it is a Bust.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I am fairly new and just got a store subscription a few months back. I started working on it and then saw they were planning a new rollout and decided to stop until I could see what it was going to look like. As I'm new, it is not upsetting to me because it allows me the opportunity to look outside the box with not much invested, but for those sellers who have invested a tremendous amount of time and money here, I don't know what to say. I plan to follow suit with the suggestion I posted, as that was always in my business blueprint ~ I am here just trying to figure out my niche before I begin. For every negative there is a positive .... I definitely need to do more sifting so I can see clearly. Some updated traffic stats would definitely help  Smiley Frustrated 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

The irony is that the more Ebay attempts to look like Amazon the quicker they shall fail.  Nothing will change the underlying truth that Ebay's business model is less efficient in the distribution of widgets than is Amazon's business model.  I give Ebay ten years at most before they become a nostalgic memory like Blockbuster Video. Unless of course if Amazon buys Ebay to maintain a platform for one of a kind items, vintage, antiques, etc.   These are the strengths of Ebay, along with, surpisingly, the purchase of wholesale quantities of widgets.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Sorry for your declining sales, but i have had 550 sales in the last 31 days and fully plan to double that number to atleast 1100 sales in the next 31 days. Buyers dont look at feedback anymore, do you have the cheapest option with free shipping avalaible? Honest descriptions? People respect that. You can look up my original nintendo ds lot and take a look at a real honest description, I said they were garbage and no one likes them nor buys them and wished anyone who had it in them to buy them luck with making any money on them and they sold. 

My sales have skyrocketed. Maybe im just doing it right though. 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@suzyssurplus-ishkabiblemoney wrote:
I do understand the concept that they no longer want us to be individuals.

True. With millions of subscribers out there they do not want to mess with millions of different individual people. They look at the whole picture and everyone is added as a single listing body. You have to go with what they offer. There is no need to call CS or anyone else.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

eBay is trying to make the whole shopping experience appear as if a buyer is buying from a single entity ... eBay.   So, they want everything to look standard between listings and sellers, and they want the shipping, returns, and customer service to all be the same regardless of which individual seller that the buyer purchases from.

Basically eBay wants to profit from your hardwork, i'll just be here laughing when eBay crashes and burns, or when Google gets off it's ass and releases competition.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply