cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I don't want to give a discount? PSAVETODAY

Customer says the discount didn't go through. Wants me to give them the discount.

My items are already heavily discounted. I told them no.

I had no idea how the discount works and I'm not crazy about being asked.

Can a seller opt out?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There's no need for a seller to opt out, because the discount is supported by eBay. If the buyer had used it successfully, you wouldn't even know he had used it.  Every offer has specific terms; today's offer has terms that are unusually restrictive.  It  states, "Coupon is only valid when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App on iOS or Android."

It also excludes several popular categories. 

"*Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Computers & Electronics, Musical Instruments & Gear, Cameras & Photo, Cell Phones & Accessories, Computers/Tablets & Networking, Consumer Electronics, Video Games & Consoles, Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories."

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2019/0312/5m50cswvgo1wgph2.html

There is no reason for you to give him this discount.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you. I had no idea of this discount so it threw me a little.

They said they still wanted to go through with the sale.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@miascloset56 wrote:

Thank you. I had no idea of this discount so it threw me a little.

They said they still wanted to go through with the sale.

Be careful. If they neg you because eBay's coupon didn't work I wonder if eBay will ever remove it?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Oh, I am sure they would. The seller is not responsible for the discount working of not.

Cheers
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@juststuffisell wrote:
Oh, I am sure they would. The seller is not responsible for the discount working of not.

Cheers

It depends on how they word the negative feedback. If they say something like "seller wouldn't honor discount", then Ebay might not. If they say "Ebay coupon wouldn't work", then they probably would.

They could even say something completely unrelated to the discount like "wasn't happy" and Ebay probably wouldn't remove it.

I really dislike the feedback system Ebay has.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@miascloset56 wrote:

Customer says the discount didn't go through. Wants me to give them the discount.

Can a seller opt out?

Just a suggestion but I would save all your ebay messages with your customer to a folder just in case there is an issue later.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@miascloset56 wrote:

Can a seller opt out?

Just a suggestion but I would save all your ebay messages with your customer to a folder just in case there is an issue later.

Yep.  Someday, you can open the folder and share it with your grandkids and wax poetic about these 'good ole days' on ebay - not like what ebay had become by then.  Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I assume you figured it out.  Other's gave good advice.  My comment is to say that I love these sales.  YAY!  I got a sale that I assume was connected to the discount.  THANKS EBAY!!!!!  Very cool.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply