cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened when the product was not received due to the buyer’s return appeal

Hello? I am currently receiving numerous inquiries from various buyers and auction participants. I have already informed you that all issues I appealed against have been resolved, yet my listings are still not restored, leading to continuous queries. This situation is incredibly frustrating. It doesn't make sense to suspend all my listings because of the issue I appealed. Moreover, the entire predicament arose because the returner didn't update the tracking number, which I requested for the return shipment, and I even sent the return shipping costs. It's incomprehensible that this could lead to the suspension of my entire listing and auction. I am going to raise this issue again with the customer service center, but please restore my account, listings, and auction lists immediately. The trust between my buyers and me is crumbling, and it's severely hindering my sales activities. This situation is driving me to the brink. I implore you, even if we have to discuss the issue later, please immediately restore everything that has been suspended now that all problems have been resolved. I am in utter despair. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What happened when the product was not received due to the buyer’s return appeal

This is NOT Ebay customer service.  This is the Community Forums that are member to member help and advice.  However to resolve you issue, you need to contact Ebay directly as we can't help you get your account restored.  Good Luck.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi @cyk1969 , like @mam98031 said, we are fellow sellers and buyers like yourself here on eBay’s community forums. There is no one here from eBay that can address your issues. However that doesn't mean we can’t offer you some help. 

What reason did eBay give you for removing your listings? I see some potential problems after reviewing your completed listings.

You have placed a disclaimer in some of your listings, along with your contact info. If you are canceling completed auctions because you are unhappy with the ending price, you may be shooting yourself in the retail foot. A seller-initiated transaction cancellation can be a cardinal sin on eBay. What reason are you giving for the cancellations?

Putting one’s contact information in a listing is another serious violation of eBay policy, unless as directed by law. Doing this can get one’s account immediately suspended or restricted indefinitely.

You are selling very high value items, mostly currency. See the link below for eBay’s policy on listing both graded and raw currency, below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/collectible-currency-policy?id=4337#:...

It looks like you may have also violated multiple stipulations regarding the selling and listing of collectible currency on eBay.

Any of these noted violations above could get one’s selling privileges revoked. Taken altogether, this doesn’t bode well for a future selling on eBay, but i wish you well and hope you are able to get reinstated.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The reason for my temporary suspension is attributed to the failure to properly record tracking information, and secondly, the refund was issued before the arrival of the returned coin, meaning I have yet to receive the item. To quote eBay's terminology, the suspension can be lifted only after the tracking information confirms that the shipment has been delivered. This action has been taken despite never having omitted tracking information before. It's baffling and disheartening.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@cyk1969 wrote:

The reason for my temporary suspension is attributed to the failure to properly record tracking information, and secondly, the refund was issued before the arrival of the returned coin, meaning I have yet to receive the item. To quote eBay's terminology, the suspension can be lifted only after the tracking information confirms that the shipment has been delivered. This action has been taken despite never having omitted tracking information before. It's baffling and disheartening.

You are talking about two different things.  

You talk of an item being returned.  A seller should never issue the refund before the item is actually received back unless the seller doesn't care if they get the item back.  Chances are since you have not received the item, you won't.

As to tracking, that is a tough one for international sellers.  But it is Ebay's rule that when you ship the item you have tracking and you need to update the sale with that tracking number if you are not shipping via the Ebay shipping system.  If you were to do that within your stated handling time and the item gets scanned in by the carrier, if it arrives late you would not be held responsible for it.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply