cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I say to this

Terrible that you charged $17.23 to ship an iPhone and you shipped economy... not so bad that it cost $17.23 when rightly you should've sent the item with this value priority to get to your buyer in 3 days since that's what we paid for. I know it's a money thing for you, but wow! Guess greed gets the best of some. Hope this phone is as described. Makes me second guess everything now. Have a good day.”

For context I did ship the item 2 day priority.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: What do I say to this

The buyer knew the ship cost when they purchased the item as well as saw the estimated delivery date... but why are you charging so much to ship a phone? 

You could reply that the estimated delivery date and ship cost were clearly stated in the listing - but itsounds like you have one upset buyer - who didn't read.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The listing shows " Economy Shipping US $17.23" but when the buyer receives it they will know it was sent priority.  Tell them you shipped priority if they don't know already, whether you changed your mind or it was a listing error.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I think I'd ignore him/her and add them to my blocked buyers list, as well as blocking them from sending any further communications.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I wouldn't do anything. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

I wouldn't do anything. 

Normally I would agree with this but OP might send a quick reply to let their buyer know that they did ship Priority mail fully insured (if they bought the proper insurance).  Personally I would have shipped it in either a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box or boxed it and slipped it in a Priority Padded Flat Rate Envelope and added the insurance.    The listed cost seems way high to me but in my twenty years selling on ebay I have only bought one item so I don't look at shipping cost.   I have a feeling bad feedback is in store unless that phone can wash windows!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

@sam9876 wrote:

I wouldn't do anything. 

Normally I would agree with this but OP might send a quick reply to let their buyer know that they did ship Priority mail fully insured (if they bought the proper insurance).  Personally I would have shipped it in either a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box or boxed it and slipped it in a Priority Padded Flat Rate Envelope and added the insurance.    The listed cost seems way high to me but in my twenty years selling on ebay I have only bought one item so I don't look at shipping cost.   I have a feeling bad feedback is in store unless that phone can wash windows!

I agree with this.  A quick reply saying they shipped Priority, fully insured (if they did) may alleviate the situation.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Dear car dealership. I an writing you to let you know my wife is so happy about her new car, the second this year after totaling the first one. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the $2,500 "security package" you gave me for free for a safety net cargo, door edges being protected, and some other gimmicks. I am so grateful after finding out such things were worth $120 if I had them installed at the flea market.

But hey! That happens when you don't read the fine print, right? 

Sincerely

Your usual buyer. 

(it happened to us) Smiley Very Happy

latest reply

@ohnojoey wrote:

The listing shows " Economy Shipping US $17.23" but when the buyer receives it they will know it was sent priority.  Tell them you shipped priority if they don't know already, whether you changed your mind or it was a listing error.

It is easy enough when listing multiple items to forget to change the shipping choices and end up listing an item as shipping the same way as a previous item

options.jpg

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

If they didn't like the cost why pay it then ? A lot more cost involved in dispatching an item than simply a postage charge, another one expecting sellers to absorb all costs involved, sorry it's in the total overall price, let them go to the PO pay for postage and then have them charge an additional 10% for the hell of it and see the reaction, that fee is just for starters apart from all the other costs involved, Packaging, Ink, Paper, Gas to the PO, More importantly my time, nothing is for free !

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@agzseller wrote:

For context I did ship the item 2 day priority.

Great. Fire off a short but polite reply to make it clear that you did exactly that, and include a link to their tracking number on the usps.com tracking page (here) so that they can see its progress (as well as its Priority status) for themselves.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Make them feel special, tell them you gave them an upgrade to Priority.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I came back from the Post Office today and saw a customer walk up to the clerk with a tube of mascara she wanted to mail to her daughter. When told how much it was going to cost her, she almost fell over. Needless to say she was going to call her daughter and tell her to go to a local store to buy it.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I believe it!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply