cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What In The World Is eBay Waiting For??

This is my "proprietary" idea and as such would be glad to sell it to eBay for .5 of 1 % of all revenue generated:
The ALL NEW  "eBay Ad Blocker"!!!
For a monthly subscription rate you can apply Ebay's new "Ad Blocker" to your store or individual sales. It stops all the promoted listings garbage and also removes any other annoying "similar sponsored" " Visually similar" etc neverending crap you see smothering your listings.
When potential buyers click on YOUR listing, all they see is your item. Your specifics.
Never work, you say?
Ebay makes too much with promoted extortion, you say?
If just 5 million sellers signed up with a monthly subscription rate of say..29.99...( I KNOW I would!) eBay collects a cool 1.8 BILLION a year in revenue.
Yeah.
That's 450 Million a quarter.
Do you have any idea how much revenue was generated last quarter by Promoted Listings.
Of course you don't.
341 Million.
For the math challenged? 450 Million>341 Million.
Sure....PL's would slowly drop as more and more sellers were able to block them. But for a while they would stay strong as sellers RAISED their PL percentages to maintain their sales. And really...who cares about sellers that willingly participate in eBay's promoted listings death spiral anyways?
I know I don't.
And don't tell me the they can't do it.
They've already managed to create the algorithms that allow you to assign different PL rates to each and every one of your individual listings!! Along with algos that track EVERY individual's sellers metrics on eBAY! And kick you off if you fall below a certain level. Every Single Seller On eBay!
A blanket "Ad Blocker" wouldn't be all that hard. 
As for me?
I'm just gonna sit here and wait for one of eBay's cash grabbing execs to contact me about acquiring  my "proprietary" idea.
And I'll be rich.
The rest of you?
Comment away.....

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: What In The World Is eBay Waiting For??

Sadly "AddedValueResource" has punctured my idea of original entrepreneurship.
BUT???
I can add my chapter to this!
After my "eBay Ad Blocker" settles in for a year or so, eBay can offer their ALL NEW "Promoted Listings Immune" at a rate of say...29%. Sellers willing to pay 29% of their sales are back in the listings!!
Hooray.
eBay lets that stew for a year, collecting their profits, and then?
Bam! They introduce the ALL NEW "eBay Total Ad Blocker" for a paltry 59.99 a month. Which once again stops all PL's from showing up on your listings.
Good Times!!
Raking in the cash, eBay waits an appropriate time and then introduces their ALL NEW "Promoted Listings Immune Premium"  where sellers can give up 39% of their sales to be seen again! 
You can see where this is going, huh? BILLIONS in profit!!
Why am I NOT on the eBay Executive Committee already?? I'm perfect for the job!! 😀

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@joliztoyco wrote:

Dang you!!! I was looking to find a way to send this to you.
I thought you'd get a kick out of it.
And now I find I'm late to the party?
The keg is empty?
Everybody is passed out?
No overwhelming riches for me?
Curses. Foiled again! 😁

@joliztoyco  no worries, you can come hang out on the private yacht when eBay gets around to paying me for the idea...drinks on me! 😎

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

All the ads all over every single page a buyer looks at, fatigues buyers with a ton of stuff they don't want to see.  Its not regarded positively by buyers.  Its something that will make them want to use the site less and less, having to wade through all that just to check some possible items out to consider buying.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

When it happens?

Consider yourself President of the Board of our new " Hawaiian Active Volcano Tours".

Our insurance might be high.😁

Message 19 of 19
latest reply