cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly chat thread disappeared?

What happened to AC_Greens thread on today’s weekly chat? I was typing a response and the thread went poof.

I am really disturbed by the refusal to discuss seller protection in chargebacks. And I want to know why this was the answer to ittybitty’s question. What does that link have to do with her question about seller protection on a UA chargeback?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Weekly chat thread disappeared?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody remember what the MP e-mail address is for those who don't have time to call?

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @missjen831!

We moved AC_Green's thread to the payments board because it concerned payments directly - it looks like the placeholder got pushed to the second page, sorry about that. 

Just to be clear: comments, questions and threads about payments are great, but we do want to make sure they stay on the Payments board (the Payments team views that board regularly, so we want to make sure they have an accurate idea of what questions/comments/concerns are coming up). 

Thanks!

Thank you Tyler 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

tyler the reason the questions are being asked here is no one is answering over on the payments board you've got question over there 3 weeks old that have not been answered...

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Perhaps 'too many' people would have seen it here.  I know that I hadn't had occasion to view the Payments UA before this.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

[...]

Just to be clear: comments, questions and threads about payments are great, but we do want to make sure they stay on the Payments board (the Payments team views that board regularly, so we want to make sure they have an accurate idea of what questions/comments/concerns are coming up). 

I appreciate the followup explanation, tyler@ebay, but the only reason we had the thread here instead of over in Payments is because this is where you folks planted the announcement in the first place, a sticky post regarding the Weekly Chat (which of course you do every week, presumably in most major groups).

As you had locked the announcement against any and all followup comments, we opened the new thread instead.

When you close out the Weekly Chat at the end of the hour, you might want to consider posting an announcement inviting people to continue the discussion over in [insert_link_to_your_preferred_group_here]. That way your people can read further comments on the topics that were raised, as well as other posts from users who may have missed the original time slot.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay

If it is so important to keep all the discussions about payments on the Payments Board then why wasn't this Weekly Chat about Managed Payments advertised also on the Payments Board?

If someone who is unfamiliar with the Weekly Chat and had a question about Payments went directly to the Payments Board they would not even know about the Weekly Chat.

In the past I've seen the Weekly Chat announcement posted on multiple boards so why wasn't this one?

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I haven't followed it yet at all...willful ignorance...like the 3 monkeys, cover my eyes, ears, and mouth...see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil....

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

+1 to you guys for asking good questions. 

I wanted to know the answer to the seller protection question as well.  Most sellers know eBay's current seller protection is apples v. oranges to what paypal seller protection covers. The ebay seller protection page says nothing about policies and procedures for credit card related charge backs, which sellers all know are totally different types of disputes. The inability to get straight answers is discouraging.  

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I was disturbed as well.  They move the thread to a board I never new existed.  

My post/thread was moved also but it was because it was about a recent purchase  I made and not about a sale the seller made.  lol

I rarely, if ever, go to another board to read or post.  

Message 24 of 24
latest reply