cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We noticed some changes in your selling activity .. none in 3 years then twice in two weeks ?

While I'm not a high-volume professional seller (sold only about 1300+ so far), I do resell items I come across from various sources, often during my work-from-home hours or after work. It's been about three years, and I haven't encountered any issues with eBay thus far. Though I occasionally sell to neighbors in person, I prefer conducting business on eBay to maintain a clear record of transactions ( I just like to have everything on the record, which could be my thing as my background as an auditor (though not in taxation ).

However, last Sunday, I received an email stating, "We noticed some changes in your selling activity." On the third business day thereafter, the red flag indicating, "Your payouts are on hold while we conclude a periodic performance review. We will disburse the funds once the review is complete. During this time, you can still continue to sell," disappeared with the payment release.

Subsequently, I received the same email again just now ( a little after one week from the first one). I had already withdrawn funds every day this week after the initial flag, so none of my money is currently tied up. My sales volume has been modest (decreased, to be honest), typically just one item per day at most, with no high-value items. Additionally, I possess receipts for all my products, except for used items, which I rarely sell, as the majority of my inventory comprises new items that I don't use. I buy all my labels on eBay (100%) and have about 1% return, no cases ever opened or resolved without my intervention, last shipment was late by less than 0.5% (only because USPS picked up the packages I left out for FedEx, so it took a while for USPS to hand over those packages to FedEx). Edit: also 100% positive feedback with Top-rated seller status. I don't have any violations as long as I know.

Upon contacting eBay via chat when I received the first email a week ago, the representative assured me that there was no cause for concern, as it was a routine check. However, I'm apprehensive about the possibility of this recurring stress.

Should I be alarmed if this occurs twice in a single month? Would it be prudent to adopt a wait-and-see approach, similar to my previous experience, in the hopes that it will resolve itself?

If anyone has encountered similar situations, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your advice and experiences. Thank you in advance for your insights.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

We noticed some changes in your selling activity .. none in 3 years then twice in two weeks ?

I may have something to do with the items you are selling. Out of the 66 items you have listed 65 are new, most of your listings are using stock photos and a lot of the descriptions appear to have been cut and pasted from other sources. They may suspect you are drop shipping. Do not be surprised if you get a request for receipts for all of the items you have listed, or possibly even have sold. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wisdom !!! I appreciate it so much 🙂 

I add most of the actual photos for the product I ship at the end of the listing (like the last 2-4 photos) , I don't do that for the large-sized item or the item that's still inside the original delivery box. 

I do have detailed invoices for every New item (when it was purchased and shipped/delivered to me at my address), and I do ship all my items from home (shipping labels bought on eBay as well as the tracking can confirm that as well).   I sometimes post the used items that I sell at the garage sale for record-keeping purposes when the neighbor agrees to do so on eBay.

I've been selling this way for the past 3 years, and hopefully, that's what it is about, I am kind of relieved, to be honest.  I was a bit surprised that this kind of review even existed (never actually heard of or experienced it before).  I hope that's all this was about 🙂 

Thank you again, and have a blessed Sunday! 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just leaving the comment here for others who might go through the same thing.
The red warning just disappeared without any message/notification/email. I don't know when.. but it was gone 🙂 

I could also sell and do everything without any restrictions during those 2 business days (everything except the cash out). 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply