cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are raising our final value fees to bring you a service that is free.

Whoever wrote this should run for office...

fvf.png

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

@1786davycrockett wrote:

"So it looks like the increased FVF is for fashion jewelry too. "

You might want to read the eBay statement again:  it states "final value fees will increase for most sellers effective September 12, 2022."

Emphasis on the word "most."

Sounds as if eBay is planning to raise the FVFs on "most" sellers -- whether or not we sell jewelry.

This could definitely use some clarification from a Blue.

Anyone know how to contact a Blue nowadays?

Read it that was also.  Bites.  We just raised.  This gravy train is getting lumpy(er)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

They did the same thing to the Handbags category a little over a year ago. They increased fees across the board so sellers of $30 bags get to pay for authentication services on $30K bags. Now it'll be the same for someone selling a $30 pair of fashion earrings getting to foot the bill for someone selling a $3k diamond ring that goes through authentication.

badform.jpeg

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

They did the same thing to the Handbags category a little over a year ago. They increased fees across the board so sellers of $30 bags get to pay for authentication services on $30K bags. Now it'll be the same for someone selling a $30 pair of fashion earrings getting to foot the bill for someone selling a $3k diamond ring that goes through authentication.

So would that include this:

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women > Women's Bags & Handbags

I have a few there. Just wondering.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

15% is old news for the watches. it been that way for a while now

the watch sellers are paying for the sneaker program

now if I only knew how to sell guitars.  they have had better rates than watches for a long long time

@katzrul15 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubles wrote:

Whoever wrote this should run for office...

fvf.png

EBay has been "slick" with their wording lately...

Regarding the 2% ad fee minimum change:

"Why is this change happening?
While we understand that this change will impact sellers' businesses on your platform, this change will ensure that sellers' campaigns remain competitive in reaching buyers on our growing marketplace. This change will also allow us to deliver products and services that drive best-in-class returns for eBay sellers.
"

Okay... So they're making sellers invest more so they "remain competitive in reaching buyers"... By making everyone who was 1 or 2% now move up to 2%, making the 2% slot an even bigger boat with more competition?

And charging more for ads is somehow delivering services for returns for SELLERS...? How does that work? lol

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@1786davycrockett wrote:

"So it looks like the increased FVF is for fashion jewelry too. "

You might want to read the eBay statement again:  it states "final value fees will increase for most sellers effective September 12, 2022."

Emphasis on the word "most."

Sounds as if eBay is planning to raise the FVFs on "most" sellers -- whether or not we sell jewelry.

This could definitely use some clarification from a Blue.

Anyone know how to contact a Blue nowadays?

Read it that was also.  Bites.  We just raised.  This gravy train is getting lumpy(er)

1.jpg

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

For those that profess their love for eBay the following from the revenue and fee setters at eBay. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

15% really bumps it up. Plus .30 too

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

I am hoping eBay raises monthly store fees again so we can get more quarterly FREE EBAY SUPPLIES!

😗 <no not really.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

This might actually be the straw.......is it ever going to end with them. How about drawing more buyers to the Market and having a return policy that is fair to both the Seller and the Buyer? How about stop charging FVF on State Sales Taxes....like, I don't even see that money and your charging me for it? How about creating a standard for shipping that doesn't allow inflated shipping costs to pad profits and stop charging me fees on that?

Local Auctions are starting to look more appealing, where a Seller doesn't have to ship or pay fees on shipping. I have been an eBay Seller for almost 30 years, I have built tools for eBay, I have been a staunch supporter, but 15% FVF is highway robbery. eBay, keep it up and you will be losing a LONG, LONG LONG time seller.

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Won’t this move increase ebays position in jewelers?  I think of it as a lift-all-boats move - good for everyone.  Buyers, eBay, and sellers - big and small - will win.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

That's my jam.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

BOHICA!!

I had to look that up.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

BOHICA!!

I had to look that up.

Unless I'm going senile, it predates the graphic Web interface, i.e. the Internet as we know it.   I learned it on BITNET! 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubles 

Nothing distinguishes the difference between Fine Jewelry and Men's Jewelry.

So Men's Jewelry which will not have any "Authenticity Guarantee " will be paying for the fine jewelry "Authenticity Guarantee", This is unfair.....

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 30 of 35
latest reply