cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning about unfounded (inadequate) customer support solutions.

I am putting this warning out to current and prospective sellers on the site.
To know that customer ratings are no mattrer to customer support when resolving disputes.
To know that customer support decisions are maked without any motivation and always in favor of the buyer.
Let them know that this applies whether you offer something for 100 or 1000 EUR and have enough positive reviews for it.
To know that in the case of a dispute by a buyer, the decision is always in his favor without any explanations gived to you as a seller.
Let them know that it is enough for the buyer to claim that something is wrong with the product/service without providing the relevant evidence and you as the seller lose.
Let them know that, in principle, you only have the right to appeal this decision, which is a ONE-OFF and the answer is of the type "we reviewed and decided", but why we decided that way - you will not get an answer.

In other sites, where they clearly try to get to the objective truth to a greater extent, things are not like that and appeals (replies) are not limited in number.
Regarding motivating the decisions of customer support, nowhere in the rules of the site did I find a text that does not require such.
When you ask customer support about the reasons for the decision, to avoid similar disputes in the future, you can guess what the answer is - NONE.

I make the above statements in my capacity as a seller and based on information received from other users (sellers), some of whom no longer work with this site due to the reasons mentioned above and suffered losses.
Personally, as a user, I stop giving feedback on purchases and sales, as it is a pure waste of time.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@mart_5273 

Thanks for letting us know.  Happy Holidays.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yeah ok thanks 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Color me warned. 🖍

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Color me warned. 🖍

Yea...  But like accept for the fact "MT" you've 100% Feedback, 4.6 thousand transactions so "What up wit' dat!"

Obviously you're doing things way too right and making all the rest of us look bad. 🤣🤣

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sorry for your apparent dispute loss.
I just lost 5 minutes reading it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay's decisions on disputes are based, in part, on U.S. consumer protection laws, and credit card merchant rules and agreements.

If you are not in the U.S. and selling on Ebay.com you may find that they appear to be arbitrary and inconsistent with the way things may be done in the EU or other countries.

Deciding to do business in another country means you need to learn and accept that it is not the same as at home.

Forums for other online marketplaces including those with far more sales than Ebay are full of the same complaints. Sometimes from international sellers, sometimes from sellers whose own buying experience is from thrift shops. flea markets and other than mass market retail/

If you assume that you are going to have to take returns on any item you could return to Walmart, you would find Ebay to be more seller friendly than you do. Not everything you could return to Walmart, Target, Macy's or Amazon can be returned to an Ebay seller.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, the warning is 100% true.

The problem is not in the return of the items, but in the way decisions are made, without reasons and justification.

In other words, I reached into my nose and came up with a solution.

Good thing the US justice system doesn't work that way.

My advice to the user is to focus on the Chinese sites, there the support resolves disputes as objectively as possible. The only downside is that you get access to your payments (money) with some delay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply