cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Message from eBay Collections - They took the money over 12 hours ago! - Anybody else?

Just got a "real" message in my eBay in box from eBay collections.  My payments balance is ZERO. They say they tried to collect owed amounts (from old FedEx labels).  "You will be shut down if you don't pay".

There are multiple odd things going on with MP last few days

1) I just got billed for 2 FedEx labels from November!  Have been billed and paid for several more Fedex label since then.  It's like they were ghosted since November and just got posted

2)  The payment already made from my above post does shown as a debit on PayPal and I got an email from paypal verifying payment.   But the eBay payments history does NOT show the PayPal payment!  The balance is zero and the money was taken.  But no history of it being taken, balance just magically went to zero with no recorded payment.  **bleep**?

Let me know if anybody has seen this before or is seeing it now?  Am going to have to contact eBay but can't on Facebook - my usual go to -  since they won't deal with MP issues.  Oh Joy.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Warning Message from eBay Collections - They took the money over 12 hours ago! - Anybody else?

Fedex and UPS are notorious for late billings, especially thru the Holidays.   We use our own business Fedex and UPS accounts to avoid these issues, mostly as the rates are better and this process got old.  Set up your own - the accounts are Free and you will be glad you did.

Yes, you will need to reach out to e-Bay to inquire as regards the payments issues.  You are correct that Facebook and Twitter will field a lot, but not billing questions per se.  I did reach out once on multiple issues and they referred the "hold" portion to another CS who emailed back and assisted me in quickly resolving.  Any touchpoint is often better than no touchpoint.

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Warning Message from eBay Collections - They took the money over 12 hours ago! - Anybody else?

@katzrul15 wrote:

Fedex and UPS are notorious for late billings, especially thru the Holidays.   We use our own business Fedex and UPS accounts to avoid these issues, mostly as the rates are better and this process got old.  Set up your own - the accounts are Free and you will be glad you did.

Yes, you will need to reach out to e-Bay to inquire as regards the payments issues.  You are correct that Facebook and Twitter will field a lot, but not billing questions per se.  I did reach out once on multiple issues and they referred the "hold" portion to another CS who emailed back and assisted me in quickly resolving.  Any touchpoint is often better than no touchpoint.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, am waiting on a response from eBay on Facebook regarding the missed payment.   Would love to buy labels directly from FedEx but I do have a question about costs.  I have my own FedEx business account and it does give me a decent discount being set up for eBay shipping, use it for non-eBay shipments.  But that discount is only about 20%.  When I buy FedEx labels on eBay the discount is in the 40% to 50% range.  Could not justify using FedEx directly for the labels due to this large savings.  I ship a lot of large heavy items.  Do I need the secret handshake?  Ha Ha.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

We have had out fedex account for 13 years - I do not ship a lot with them, but the rates I am quoted are pretty much what I end up paying.  As for UPS, we have our mailbox at a UPS mailing station and we get discounted rates thru UPS due to same.  I find their UPS rates to be under those of e-Bay and we ship via UPS several times a week to FBA with Amazon and the rates are about the same, only slightly higher.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"You will be shut down if you don't pay"

Are you sure?

EBay would never send a message worded like that.

I think you got a scam message.

Check before sending any payment to a link provided through that email.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@dogchow747 wrote:

"You will be shut down if you don't pay"

Are you sure?

EBay would never send a message worded like that.

I think you got a scam message.

Check before sending any payment to a link provided through that email.

Thanks for the warning... I thought that at first but the links in the message do go to eBay

(rover.ebay.com).  I was paraphrasing the warning.  It was from eBay.  Here are a few excerpts from the actual email.  Sorry if I mislead the audience 😞 

"To date, we have not been able to collect amounts you owe us from your pending payouts or your payment methods on file. You must pay these amounts to avoid restrictions on your selling activity. "

"If you do not make your payment, we may place restrictions on your selling activity. These restrictions may include limiting your listing permissions until the balance is paid  eBay Global Collections "

The amounts they are claiming were actually collected 13 hours earlier.  In fact they charged my card correct amounts 4 times on the day of this message.

I will post results of my investigation in case anybody is curious.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sounds like cross-posting.

The account was tagged and the message sent by one division, while another division had already collected the money owed a few hours earlier.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@babclassics 

"Sorry if I mislead the audience"

You are good.

Some of these scam emails are very convincing. They go through a lot of trouble getting the logos and HTML just right then there may be spelling errors and other tells in the writing itself.

I hate those scammers, eBay has always been a target.

They like words like "immediate action",  they get your blood pumping so you will be less likely to second guess any concerns.

Legit ones are just as bad too....

I am with @reallynicestamps.

Sounds like some folks are not in tune with others.

Cheers.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have received the same message for the last three months regarding an unpaid balance, and threatening listing restrictions.  Each month I would call eBay customer service regarding this issue, and explain that they had debited my account within the last week for my monthly store fees therefore they obviously ARE able to access my account when necessary. For the past two months I just paid the fee to end the annoyance hoping that it was just a technical glitch and would not reoccur, WRONG!  I was told this is an ongoing problem that multiple sellers are experiencing and that I should just ignore the warning message, and nothing would happen, WRONG! This month I contacted eBay customer service the day after receiving this message on 03/30/22 and was told to disregard the message, it is a technical glitch and nothing will happen. Two days later on 04/01/22 at 1:17 pm they restricted my selling activity, then at 2:29pm they supposedly charged my account for funds owed. Today I called eBay customer service at approximately 5:42pm, and was transferred to a representative in the accounts department where mysteriously my account restriction was removed while talking to the second representative who assisted me in filing a escalation request and complaint. This problem is ongoing and effecting multiple sellers, eBay needs to correct this issue immediately.    

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@babclassics wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, am waiting on a response from eBay on Facebook regarding the missed payment.   Would love to buy labels directly from FedEx but I do have a question about costs.  I have my own FedEx business account and it does give me a decent discount being set up for eBay shipping, use it for non-eBay shipments.  But that discount is only about 20%.  When I buy FedEx labels on eBay the discount is in the 40% to 50% range.  Could not justify using FedEx directly for the labels due to this large savings.  I ship a lot of large heavy items.  Do I need the secret handshake?  Ha Ha.

That's because the price you are quoted on eBay for a FedEx label is an (estimate)

not the actual cost.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply