cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL LOSE TOP RATED IN JUNE (REFUSE TO OFFER FREE RETURNS)

Look like I will be loosing my Top Rated. As E Bay to start June will require sellers to pay return mailing on all thier listings to keep Top Rated. This is not worth it. As mostbuyers are fair. But thier is to many scamers also. I mostlikely will leave E Bay because of this. I am not taking chances on bricks coming back to me in the mail. And I pay for them. And a buyer getting a full refun for mailing it to me. This is one of the stupidest moves E bay ever made.  Because if I do stay loose my Top rated bencause I refuse to pay mail back on items I know mail is good. So if I do stay so will my one day mailing times. So in the long run for sure E Bay will lose many seller. The buyer paying the return mailing is about the only thing that keeps most of them honest. So will be a lot of cheeting buyers looking for the Top Rated Badges to scam out of thier items.  E bay is so wrong a honest and loyal seller dose not stand a chance with new rules coming down on them. To incourage scamers to thier sellers. 

Message 1 of 251
latest reply
250 REPLIES 250

Re: WILL LOSE TOP RATED IN JUNE (REFUSE TO OFFER FREE RETURNS)

They have totally taken away the Sellers Return Requirements on the listing page.  Now it is ALL Ebay's requirements for returns and the first thing they list is that "if the item you received doesn't match the description in the original listing..."   LETS JUST GIVE AWAY ALL OF OUR STUFF!  WHAT IS THE POINT OF SELLING HERE IF WE ARE JUST GOING TO LET PEOPLE GET THINGS FOR FREE!  What a JOKE this is for the sellers.  NO VIEWS, NO SALES NO NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION!  EBAY HAS SUNK TO A NEW HORRIBLE LOW!  GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH  

VENTING! 

Change the channel!
Message 211 of 251
latest reply

I still got my top rated but very few know it. Unless they look a few listings. As I just refuse to offer the free returns on everything I sell. Can not afford E bay broken system solw to load. Even if you have the very best online provider speeds and system. And I do.  I thought all was fixed and now see it is not.  E bay neds to get on ot game with its views stats etc. I just listed but then said no. I am just not going to list my high price coins on action. Not to not see the views correct. I had 1 view refreshed my add and had 47 what a joke. I will wait until I think they got it right again. And relist. I hate to be a rant unhappy camper. I hope hope they get it right. 

Message 212 of 251
latest reply

You are right you still get the discounts for your preformance. But the badge just dost not show. Just like many ther lables e bay gives its sellers. But the buyers can not see. Power Seller etc. 

Message 213 of 251
latest reply

I have a lot of items. Not listed drafts on Coins, etc. I was going to cut the wood for only a little while longer. l also sell pecans every year. sales may go to $ 4000.00 or more 3 months out of the year.  So it helps n fees over all. Thank you and you are right if your sales fdo not adverage over $ 2100.00 a month a store is not helping you. With kindness of thoghts . I send my best. 

Message 214 of 251
latest reply

What's more sad about the whole 10% and 20% discount is that eBay knew exactly what was coming with the new free return requirement for TRS+.  So they actually planned ahead to take away 10% discount first, because they knew taking away 20% discount would bring more uproar from the seller community.  Whoever came up with this idea probably got a bonus.  I really don't like how eBay being sneaky with recent updates instead of being transparent & honest, and of course, we can't comment on Bob's "sorry" thread.

Message 215 of 251
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
When was the last time you tried calling a big box store with questions about one of their items?

Meaning?

I can drive to a 'big box' store and see the actual item, or I can call to see if it's in stock or in the size I need.  Never had any problem.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 216 of 251
latest reply

714gorilla:

I did a lot of the same exact research and also noted very little help in promoting as well. In fact I had one sponsored promotion for a very popular item, for over 3 months straight, that never showed having received a single click (thus it must have been WAY down on the search results). I think they also employ a location based algorithm (or more likely it is inherent in the shipping price difference part of the Best Match algo) that make the displayed results vary considerably, especially in competitive areas, so you can't always go by your own search results either (unless you do a search through a remote proxy server.)  Thus for shippers from out of the country, with cheap subsidized shipping , it works into the algo, pretty much regardless of where you are in the US, to be a major factor in the higher rankings.

I HAVE noticed SOME positive influence for Top Ranked badges over non-badged listing, but it seems to fluctuate, like maybe they haven't locked in the ideal settings yet. It would also be interesting to know if the Half-A$$d "tracking" provided by other country mail services count as valid tracking on-time tracking for Eb or if they simply give them an automatic free ride on positive ontime tracking and delivery ranking.

Other factors that are well known to affect Best Match rank are of course, keywords (there's something to be said for long-tail results though) and your sales conversion ratio, on a per item basis (so if they were first to market with lots of sales, generate a dozen fake sales or cheap promotion sales of their items they get bumped to higher position).

Message 217 of 251
latest reply

And you are so right glitch bay. 

Message 218 of 251
latest reply

You are missing the point. It's not about you. It's about buyers returning things they normally wouldn't.  It's a simple concept. You go ahead and do free returns.  Good luck.

Message 219 of 251
latest reply

You are so right. I got sombody bought some drinking glass. Said all was busted. Got full refund no proof of photos. But refused to mail back peices or photo. E bay just went to my acc. refuded in full. No win on some they are scamers but few. Only 3or 4 in over 4 years so I guess I am lucky. I do wish you the best. 

Message 220 of 251
latest reply

That is why if you can't resolve it in your favor after the time eBay allots to you, you just go ahead and bite the bullet and accept the return and let eBay generate a return label BEFORE THE BUYER CAN ESCALATE THE CASE.  Chances are, they would have just given up when they see that you are insisting that they return the item before they can get a refund.  If nothing is sent back with tracking showing delivered, then you win.

By letting eBay step in and refund without a return, your account sustained heavy heavy damage that could come back to bite you in the near future.  Always best to try to work with the buyer (like you did), but always be ready to hit the Return for Refund button if you are getting down to the wire to where the buyer can ask eBay to step in, which will ultimately slit your virtual throat here.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 221 of 251
latest reply

Wayfair on eBay isn't offering Free 30 day returns, Why should all the sellers on ebay be subjected to this horrible business practice????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bungalow-Rose-Hallenbeck-Mosaic-Glass-Table-Vase/392041128639?var=661000064...

Change the channel!
Message 222 of 251
latest reply

Said it on another thread,..
Badges !? .. We don't need no stinkin badges !!
Let your record speak for itself -- offer the best service you can -- Be true to your descriptions -- and let 'the chips fall where they may' -- for a small seller FREE returns can be a nightmare.
Message 223 of 251
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:

Wayfair on eBay isn't offering Free 30 day returns, Why should all the sellers on ebay be subjected to this horrible business practice????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bungalow-Rose-Hallenbeck-Mosaic-Glass-Table-Vase/392041128639?var=661000064...

eBay isn’t forcing you to offer free returns.

Message 224 of 251
latest reply

I've been on ebay for 18 years.  I've always listed a no return policy even though I will accept returns.  I've had top rated status for years, but have never been willing to advertise that I accept  returns or list 1 day shipping to receive a FVF discount.  

I haven't had a scammer in at least 15 years unless you count the guy that returned a Lakers jersey because he claimed it wasn't authentic - even though I knew it was I accepted the return.  Just relisted it at $5 more to cover the return postage.  It sold right away. 

I may lose a few sales because I list a no return policy, but then I get only one or two return requests out of every 300 sales - the last one was a damaged package.   No need to return - just refunded  with photo of damage. 

Ebay loses some sellers for many reasons all the time, but there always seem to be more to replace them.   I've always relied on personal experience rather than what I read on this board when it comes to making selling decisions.

Message 225 of 251
latest reply