cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL LOSE TOP RATED IN JUNE (REFUSE TO OFFER FREE RETURNS)

Look like I will be loosing my Top Rated. As E Bay to start June will require sellers to pay return mailing on all thier listings to keep Top Rated. This is not worth it. As mostbuyers are fair. But thier is to many scamers also. I mostlikely will leave E Bay because of this. I am not taking chances on bricks coming back to me in the mail. And I pay for them. And a buyer getting a full refun for mailing it to me. This is one of the stupidest moves E bay ever made.  Because if I do stay loose my Top rated bencause I refuse to pay mail back on items I know mail is good. So if I do stay so will my one day mailing times. So in the long run for sure E Bay will lose many seller. The buyer paying the return mailing is about the only thing that keeps most of them honest. So will be a lot of cheeting buyers looking for the Top Rated Badges to scam out of thier items.  E bay is so wrong a honest and loyal seller dose not stand a chance with new rules coming down on them. To incourage scamers to thier sellers. 

Message 1 of 251
latest reply
250 REPLIES 250

Re: WILL LOSE TOP RATED IN JUNE (REFUSE TO OFFER FREE RETURNS)

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Its is useless to resist

Nope.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 181 of 251
latest reply

I actually just came to page ten to see if Crusader Bot was still posting noise, and it is. That's some fairly divertive pro-company propaganda, but no more helpful or effective to decisive issues than it was 50 identical posts ago on page one.
It's exceptionally creepy and cheap to use the words of this inspired, tortured, and enigmatic man to raise bucks for one of my favorite, and one of the world's biggest hustlers.
Message 182 of 251
latest reply

Since I sell things that are often fragile, I think I'll just bite the bullet, continue with the 14-day returns on those kind of items as it makes common sense. I'll use the 30-day returns policy on everything else. Somebody put the cat out.
Message 183 of 251
latest reply

@foothillgold wrote:

Well in my opinion I think this is a blessing for my business. I am only losing the 1% discount on qualified purchases, but I am going to alleviate some stress.....I am going to change my handling time to 3 days, and go back to 14 day standard returns what the heck. No more running around like mad getting things shipped I can go back to shipping Tuesdays and Thursdays like I did years ago. Returns are closed unless NAD complaints after 14 days. It will cost me about $150-$200 a month in additional fees, but more time with the family which is why I started this business in the 1st place. Thank you eBay.

It's always good to alleviate stress!  Smiley Happy

Message 184 of 251
latest reply

@auction_brokers wrote:

As funny as it might sound, I am more worried about the honest buyers than the scammers. Nothing will change with the scammers, they will continue lying & scamming sellers the way they always have.

It's the honest buyers that I am concerned with. Normally honest buyers won't buy an item unless they are sure they want it because they don't want to pay return shipping charges. But with Ebay pushing the free returns, it's basically telling the honest buyers to purchase whatever they want and if they use it and don't like the item, no problem. Because we sellers are happy to pay your return shipping and give you a full refund.

I recently have placed items in my Ebay cart but never completed the purchase. Within a day I receive the following email from Ebay:

"Hello Buyer, the seller offers free return shipping* on this item. Why not take another look?"

It pretty much turns us sellers into Rent-A-Centers.

To this, I do have to say, it IS eBay's job to promote your listings and get sales. If you are offering free returns, I don't see  the problem with eBay advertising to the abandonded cart that you do offer free returns, in case they didn't notice it, when you do offer free returns - in hopes of gaining another sale. If they are doing this and you don't, thats a different story. 

Most of the people offering free returns, I suspect, are either selling items that are so cheap, they advertise free returns, but never actually do that - just refunds, or are selling something with such high profit margins, they can afford to resell an item multiple times. 

I am coming to the realization that in many cases, considering shipping costs, its cheaper to let the item go than to try to get it back and resell it. Unfortunately, 100% refunds would be a scammer's paradise, so there has to be a published return policy to temper the public's habits - whether it is actually followed through on or not. 

It seems like the big boys are betting that allowing a free-for-all on returns is somehow going to turn a profit in the long run, but I don't see it. 

Message 185 of 251
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

So they will just have the top rated badge not the top rated + badge or will they have nothing on those listings. 

I had questions, too, and talked to an Ebay rep (USA).  If Sellers keep the ratings required for feedback, sales, etc. we will keep the Top Rated Seller status and get the monthly 10% discount off the Final Value Fees...BUT if we do not offer Free Returns which us sellers pay for (for practically any reason) we do NOT get the Top Rated Plus Emblem on our listings. As a Seller and Buyer I look for that emblem when buying and have noticed my views have gone way down because I won't pay for a return unless it is my oversight, hence no emblem. 

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 186 of 251
latest reply

Its making me sick to my stomach, but i'm currently editing my listings to give free returns on all my new motorcycle parts. 

my sales dropped from $2,800 a day for the last 8 years to $1200 and so far today $1030. 

i used to love ebay and it made me so happy and excited to sell on ebay. since they have changed to the cassini search engine, they have started to really make what i do a job that i'm starting to hate. 

i sell on some other venues, and the second i start selling the same amount that i sell on ebay, im either changing my policy's, or leaving ebay altogether. 

i hate every update, i hate ebay. its not fun anymore. 

fighting china, fighting ebay and now having to just give in to customers who are mouth breathers makes me upset. 

I really love what i do & im good at it. i really help my customers and i just get bent over by ebay. no kiss, nothing. 

i really hope i can leave soon, or at least, not have to depend on eaby to pay my employees. 

Message 187 of 251
latest reply

I have done all of that and i have no badge

Message 188 of 251
latest reply

@evil*kitty*designs wrote:

I have done all of that and i have no badge

You have no TR-Plus badge because you are lacking the very basic first requirement: You are not a Top Rated Seller.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Message 189 of 251
latest reply

I don't know about that, pulled my top seller rating over cancelling transactions, requested by buyers. I take care of my customers, but will not offer free returns, not on vintage items, run us broke seems to the be the new policy. we make ebay their money, keep up this nonsense and you will have no business. 

Message 190 of 251
latest reply

@riftwild wrote:

Its making me sick to my stomach, but i'm currently editing my listings to give free returns on all my new motorcycle parts. 

my sales dropped from $2,800 a day for the last 8 years to $1200 and so far today $1030. 

i used to love ebay and it made me so happy and excited to sell on ebay. since they have changed to the cassini search engine, they have started to really make what i do a job that i'm starting to hate. 

i sell on some other venues, and the second i start selling the same amount that i sell on ebay, im either changing my policy's, or leaving ebay altogether. 

i hate every update, i hate ebay. its not fun anymore. 

fighting china, fighting ebay and now having to just give in to customers who are mouth breathers makes me upset. 

I really love what i do & im good at it. i really help my customers and i just get bent over by ebay. no kiss, nothing. 

i really hope i can leave soon, or at least, not have to depend on eaby to pay my employees. 

So if your sales dropped so did eBay's profits, from you.  eBay has shot themselves in the foot.  I am not going to worry about a TRS badge.  I did fine without it before.  

Never give in!  Never give up! 

Change the channel!
Message 191 of 251
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Points to Ponder...
1) Not offering free returns WILL discourage some buyers from returning an item. If you lose a potential buyer whose criteria for buying includes free shipping, that's not a loss.
A better buyer will come along.
2) Losing TRS discount is a relative pain. If you're selling $10K/month, it's a real pain.
If you're selling $1K/month or less, it's $10 or less. That's 2 more widget sales per month to cover.
3) If your selling rep is gold, and your price+shipping is right, that badge is a non-factor.

There  is a buyer research  Poll done  currently , 15 question's asked to buyers on what they are looking for on their online buying !   They  want  great detail about the items being up for sale by the sellers .  And  will respond to questions.  Retun policy's and free shipping  was  not  a big factor  . Also free Return shipping  was  number 15  on the bottom  of list for buyers .        Also  sellers need to stop believeing  ebays phony liberal business standards  retail  return policys and free return shipping  Ga Ga !    Stop being sheep people!

I am a Seller and Buyer on Ebay and there are too many Sellers who will NOT answer questions - some just don't/won't and some say they have too many items to answer any. To me, these Sellers should be the one's penalized for refusing to answer questions.  If someone buys an item and has to return it, the Seller should have to pay return shipping and not get a Top Rating.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 192 of 251
latest reply

When was the last time you tried calling a big box store with questions about one of their items?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 193 of 251
latest reply

This is a great example of the failure of a one size fits all policy change implemented at the top by executives who do not sell themselves and can only think of imitating The River.
Message 194 of 251
latest reply

The whole way that ebay wants it's sellers to sell is so messed up.  So many retailers don't offer free shipping unless it is over $25, $35, and up!  Most don't offer free returns!  You have to return it to the Store!  Why do I have to offer free shipping and free returns to get cudo's from eBay???  This company is so convoluted, asking sellers to jump through hoops to sell something and then taking 10% of your profits!  And then taking away your Good Seller Badge!  It is no wonder that people leave eBay and say the heck with it.  It's not worth the trouble for the paulty amount you make on a sale!  

Never give in!  Never give up! 

Change the channel!
Message 195 of 251
latest reply