cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY cant Buyers request invoices for combined shipping with multiple accepted offers

If buyer accepts multiple items from me as seller. They are bueing FORCED to pay for each without being able to request invoice for combined shipping OR they are being forced to pay for each in full with full shipping on each items when my terms and shipping options clearly show $5 for first item and $1 each additional  so if someone accepts 20 items they are being charged 100$ in shipping plus cost of items when i clearly combine shipping

the problem with this is one  buyers might not have budget to give you 76 extra dollar in shipping to get it refunded

the next problem is ebay is forcing them to pay for each one one by one...so now as seller if buyer is okay with giving $100 upfront to get refund shipping and they can afford to do so...then i have to g into 19 individual items and refund $4 on each of the 19 of 20 items   

Book keeping night mare

lot extra work on my part 

extra work on buyers part

buyer has to trust seller with a lot more money IF they have it assuming they dont they they back off purchase...loss of sale then

plus tons of EXTRA communication with buyer right at the beginning of the sale thats unecessary

THIS IS CRAZT to think this change to invoices helps prevent people from buying and not paying. 

maybe ebay needs to look at my sales today....cause they are not preventing people from creating profiles that seem to be scamming  cause buyer today names is MEOWKITTY  not thier id   their name on shipping label  

If this problem is not addressed  im leaving ebay after 23 yrs as my primary point of sales and taking a majority of my sales elsewhere

i have 20,000 more items to list but i wont ..not with the aggravation im  dealing with only having 5000 items listed.  in fact if not fixed and back to way it use to work  ill be closing ton of listings and dropping store down a level and then go month to month no more subscription either and ill never refer another person to ebay after that  ive already stopped because of the problems this past year and half already

I hope a shareholder reads this board cause youre losing sales and good loyal outstanding sellers cause of it and youre about to lose me too

this is causing nothing but unnecessary aggravation and time and sales are walking away cause of it too 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: WHY cant Buyers request invoices for combined shipping with multiple accepted offers

EBAY Customer Serivce told me 7 phone calls ago  the fix .....

@diecastcurator 

If you used the call back or chat feature on eBay for customer support, they are outsourced foreign call center reps that have limited knowledge and authority.  Most of the people that come here often enough already know this, and do not rely on any information obtained.   Now I guess you know it, too. 

What "worked" before, no longer works now, and likely won't work the same next week.  After being here for 26 years, all I can say is if you want to know the ACTUAL reason for a change in policy/procedure remember to 

Always

follow

the

money

The last month or so, they have been messing with the "make offer" procedure in particular with various unannounced 'improvements, enhancements, tests, experiences that look like a glitch'.   For the "offer" protocol, these may help those who were just 'stuck in going HUH?' or got no help from CS.  Here are just a few: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Received-offers-turning-into-sent-offers/m-p/34183295#M2328738

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-don-t-think-eBay-really-wants-us-to-make-sales/m-p/34216592#...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Offers-being-accepted-then-not-showing-up-as-sold-creating-hav...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-makes-counteroffer-I-accept-its-not-in-my-awaiting-payme...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Major-Bug-with-Accepting-Best-Offers-Accepted-Offers-Didn-t-En...

The "offers" issues don't even take in consideration what they have planned for "auctions".  That is why some people are concerned about eBay removing the Buyer Payment Requirement (that sellers could turn off) from the Buyer Management page.   Its like waiting around for the "other she to drop".

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: WHY cant Buyers request invoices for combined shipping with multiple accepted offers

@diecastcurator wrote:

If buyer accepts multiple items from me as seller. They are bueing FORCED to pay for each without being able to request invoice for combined shipping OR they are being forced to pay for each in full with full shipping on each items when my terms and shipping options clearly show $5 for first item and $1 each additional  so if someone accepts 20 items they are being charged 100$ in shipping plus cost of items when i clearly combine shipping

the problem with this is one  buyers might not have budget to give you 76 extra dollar in shipping to get it refunded

the next problem is ebay is forcing them to pay for each one one by one...so now as seller if buyer is okay with giving $100 upfront to get refund shipping and they can afford to do so...then i have to g into 19 individual items and refund $4 on each of the 19 of 20 items   

Book keeping night mare

buyer has to trust seller with a lot more money IF they have it assuming they dont they they back off purchase...loss of sale then

plus tons of EXTRA communication with buyer right at the beginning of the sale thats unecessary

THIS IS CRAZT to think this change to invoices helps prevent people from buying and not paying. 

maybe ebay needs to look at my sales today....cause they are not preventing people from creating profiles that seem to be scamming  cause buyer today names is MEOWKITTY  not thier id   their name on shipping label  

If this problem is not addressed  im leaving ebay after 23 yrs as my primary point of sales and taking a majority of my sales elsewhere

i have 20,000 more items to list but i wont ..not with the aggravation im  dealing with only having 5000 items listed.  in fact if not fixed and back to way it use to work  ill be closing ton of listings and dropping store down a level and then go month to month no more subscription either and ill never refer another person to ebay after that  ive already stopped because of the problems this past year and half already

I hope a shareholder reads this board cause youre losing sales and good loyal outstanding sellers cause of it and youre about to lose me too

this is causing nothing but unnecessary aggravation and time and sales are walking away cause of it too 

@diecastcurator 

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't eBay been slowly rolling out Buyer must pay immediately or have method of payment set to automatic for ANY best offers. And that can affect situations where buyer would like to combine.  From my understanding you have to CONFIRM your settings are correct for each listing that sells to be safe for buyer to request a revised invoice or even a seller to send one.  This has been a longstanding issue posted about regularly on dot ca. 

From a buyers perspective they may not want to have automatic payments required and could be just running away as soon as that requirement pops up. 

I have a recent transaction on the go. Sent an offer to a buyer. They countered which I accepted as soon as I saw in the am. After 24 hours I sent an invoice and messaged. Buyer still hasn't paid and it's for a very small amount. At 48 hr plus mark now with no response from buyer. 

I was hoping with some of these recent systems changes I would have to refund less. Finding I am refunding more often than I ever have. 

-Lotz

PS. As a side we have sellers who get purchases for items like multiple collector cards, CDs and stamps where the limit for combining is 20 transactions. The seller  will have to send multiple invoices. Buyers will have to pay multiple invoices and then the challenge of creating a packslip/customs invoice.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

ebay is doing this pn purpose and it possible to create work arounds with REPEAT buyers but what abut all my new potential buyers who get aggravated and send 15 msgs up and back and still dont understand it and dont trust it  i had potential buyer back out of order today for 3 items

THANKS EBAY another loss sale cause no one realizes impact to others when you make changes  this does absoltely nothing to prevent non paying buyers   thats a garbage excuse

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Well heres what im doing and I hope buyers and seller will speak up call them or do the same.  Im dropping my store from yearly to month and im dropping the level and closing a ton of BIG dollar listings and moving them elsewhere  cause this is my business and this is effecting it in a MAJOR WAY

March 1st  is my deadline for this to be resolved and put back the way it use to be

maybe IF enough of us do this and call and complain etc   they'll see the big mistake this truly is 

i cringe every time a new buyer contacts me and my tolerance for their attitude is changing cause they think its us and not ebay cause ebay lies to them and tells them its us 

ebay shareholders if you read this....youre losing SALES on ebay from all of us collectors cause of this people are not just going from me to another buyer they are saying SCREW IT and going elsehwere
youre costing us both a lot of money  now times this all the collectible cars cards etc sellers   

youre killing sales!!!

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

in my sales  when things are normal and i have 100 sales a week i get maybe one that doesnt pay or one that asks can you wait till friday when i get aid and MOST have paid .  the problem isnt with non paying buyers its people creating acct after acct too and thats a bigger problem   i actually have a buyer who was able create an new account this month with MEOWKITTY as his first and last name for profile and mailing   REALLY ebay?  all your AI and other checks and monitoring and this is not a problem but allow us sellers to discount shipping on bulk orders from buyers needed to be stopped to prevent non paying buyers  REALLY !?

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Agreeing with OP completely !

I spent part of yesterday afternoon filling an order for over 50 lots to one buyer. 

Today I had a buyer who had received multiple offers from me. He was a decent fellow and messaged me that he didn’t want to pay postage many times (which totally negates the offer concept) and he knew I’d pay extra fees and asked how to proceed. He mentioned he’d buy additional items too!

I told him to buy the items at list price plus anything else he wished and I’d send him a 20% off coupon that had to be used once on the entire purchase. That was a bit more than the offers I sent, but he proceeded to buy 20 items!  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@diecastcurator 

I know what you mean. I just went through something similar today only my items were both BIN no immediate payment required. I just contacted eBay for business and am waiting on a reply to my question which was:

"I have a question. I had a buyer today purchase 2 items from me today. I do not require immediate payment for any of my listings.

First, he tried to do the BIN on each and confirm but not pay so I could send him an invoice and the system wouldn't let him do that saying he needed to complete the purchase for each item.

When that didn't work, he then added both items to the shopping cart to request total.

I have my preferences set to allow buyers to combine purchases by requesting the total from the shopping cart. My buyer attempted to do just that, and it kept insisting I don't allow shipping discounts and insisting he pay full shipping for both items.

He ended up doing this to make sure he got the items. So know I have to refund him the shipping overage.

Exactly what good is setting my preferences if eBay is going to override my settings. I am getting very tired of eBay and there one size fits all attitude when it comes to combined shipping."

I am still awaiting a reply from them. Luckily for me this was a repeat customer who knows how I operate and didn't get frustrated any just chuck it all.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@diecastcurator wrote:

Book keeping night mare

If this problem is not addressed  im leaving ebay after 23 yrs as my primary point of sales and taking a majority of my sales elsewhere...

... if not fixed and back to way it use to work  ill be closing ton of listings and dropping store down a level and then go month to month no more subscription either and ill never refer another person to ebay after that  ive already stopped because of the problems this past year and half already

Whats really crazy is, they've had approx 15 YEARS TO FIX THIS!

I can only assume they do this because they feel they are pinching extra money out of yours and the buyers pockets by making it hard to combine shipping - The sellers are on the hook to refund the buyer the shipping overage, but for YEARS, and maybe even still now, ebay kept the fees on the entire amount - even what the sellers had to refund.

But I'm also guessing that the amount of sales and customers lost has likely been greater than what they've gained by digging into your back pocket while you're not looking...

There are no words for a company that operates in this fashion...none...

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Book keeping night mare

If you used the call back or chat feature on eBay for customer support, they are outsourced foreign call center reps that have limited knowledge and authority.  Most of the people that come here often enough already know this, and do not rely on any information obtained.   Now I guess you know it, too. 

What "worked" before, no longer works now, and likely won't work the same next week.  After being here for 26 years, all I can say is if you want to know the ACTUAL reason for a change in policy/procedure remember to 

Always

follow

the

money

The last month or so, they have been messing with the "make offer" procedure in particular with various unannounced 'improvements, enhancements, tests, experiences that look like a glitch'.   For the "offer" protocol, these may help those who were just 'stuck in going HUH?' or got no help from CS.  Here are just a few: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Received-offers-turning-into-sent-offers/m-p/34183295#M2328738

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-don-t-think-eBay-really-wants-us-to-make-sales/m-p/34216592#...
https://ncedcloudam.com/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Offers-being-accepted-then-not-showing-up-as-sold-creating-hav...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-makes-counteroffer-I-accept-its-not-in-my-awaiting-payme...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Major-Bug-with-Accepting-Best-Offers-Accepted-Offers-Didn-t-En...

The "offers" issues don't even take in consideration what they have planned for "auctions".  That is why some people are concerned about eBay removing the Buyer Payment Requirement (that sellers could turn off) from the Buyer Management page.   Its like waiting around for the "other she to drop".

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Working-with-a-buyer-on-an-item-and-another-buyer-purchased-it...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Following-up-with-buyers-after-they-received-their-item-Anybod... 
Sure! On eBay, sometimes buyers can't request combined shipping invoices for multiple accepted offers because eBay's system isn't set up to handle it smoothly. Sellers have control over how they handle shipping and invoicing, and some may not offer combined shipping for multiple purchases. Plus, managing combined shipping for several transactions can be complicated, and eBay's system might not be equipped to handle it well.

Communication between buyers and sellers can also be tricky through eBay's messaging system. Coordinating multiple transactions for combined shipping might require more direct communication outside of eBay.

In essence, eBay's setup and policies, along with the complexities of managing multiple transactions, can make it challenging for buyers to request combined shipping invoices for multiple accepted offers.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

let me clarify cause people dont see the real problem here

when using a PC or MAC and ebay.com not the APP on a phone 

sellers see a dashboard and there is a field labeled "TASKS" 

in the field you'll se this all the time 

• No tasks pending.

Suggested actions

but when potential buyers add to cart or put items on watch  the seller is prompted with Send offer to potential buyer

then a NEW line appears allowing you to send them discounts / make them better offer than current price 

and i have a lot of buyers who do this to show me they want to buy A LOT

so I go in and send offer after offer with no counter offer to keep this simple 

IF they accept MORE than one offer.  They will not be allowed to request invoice and get adjust invoice with combined shipping

so if i send 30 offers on $5 cars and i send $4 per car and they accept and shpping is $5 they have to pay $150 in shipping alone and then wait for me to go into 29 listins and refund $4 each car after the first to refund their money for overpayment cause my shipping is $5 for first and $1 each  it should matter if its same item in samer listing or another similiar item with same shipping costs  they should bea bke to ACCEPT the OFFERS on the PRICES of the items and still request invoice to pay for shipping not be forced to pay $150 in shipping so I have to refund 29 times $4  

Ebay made a huge mistake and ive had buyers tell me SCREW this im done cancel whatever i have accepted and deleted their cart and walked away  this us happening WEEKLY to me ND MY SALES HAVE PLUMMETED CAUSE OF IT    ITS ALL WELL AND GOOD if buyer can afford to give you the extra and trusts you to return the difference  not acceptable if you ask me but its works for buyer and seller great   but what about the 100,000 of thousands of potential new buyers who dont know me and dont trust they will get their shipping refund   most walk away from purchases

and for this stupid change after 23 years ive stopped putting my faith in ebay and moving ALL my inventory elsewhere and letting customers know too 

This is on them and they are shooting themselves in the foot and killing both our sales and they wonder why sales are down!? LOL   im down 60-70 percent in last 3 months since they've applied this and a change to the algorithm too 

Thanks ebay  I was outstanding customer representative for you for 23 plus years and this is how it ends 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@turtles-trading-post wrote:

Agreeing with OP completely !

I spent part of yesterday afternoon filling an order for over 50 lots to one buyer. 

Today I had a buyer who had received multiple offers from me. He was a decent fellow and messaged me that he didn’t want to pay postage many times (which totally negates the offer concept) and he knew I’d pay extra fees and asked how to proceed. He mentioned he’d buy additional items too!

I told him to buy the items at list price plus anything else he wished and I’d send him a 20% off coupon that had to be used once on the entire purchase. That was a bit more than the offers I sent, but he proceeded to buy 20 items!  

I like your coupon idea, I think I'm going to borrow that next time I have someone who wants to make a deal but has to pay for items individually (not everyone who gets offers from me is in that boat... yet).

C.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply