cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHATS UP WITH BUYERS NOT LEAVING FEED BACK ANYMORE

Seems like buyers don't want to leave feedback much anymore. I sell a quality item for a very fair price, offer free expedited shipping, they usually get very fast. Seems like since i offered free shipping, and 30 money back, these people don't seem to want to leave feedback. But they want feedback. Dont want to even ask the buyer anymore. One Jack >>>> i asked if he liked the item would he mind leaving feedback. Didn't hear back from him, so i thought he didn't see message. Two weeks later I asked one more time if he could leave feedback if he liked the item, it helps me out, i would appreciate it. I looked at my reviews, and saw he left one under a positive review, this is what his review was (I'm leaving feedback, so seller stops asking me to leave feedback) I don't know what his problem was, i gave him a very good deal on the item and he got it in 3 days after buying it. I took it to the post office the next day so i could get it to him fast. A decent person might just message me back and just say i don't want to leave feedback, instead he had to say something sarcastic. Sometimes i forget to leave feedback, a seller will message me and i leave feedback for them. Its funny because the same people that don't leave feedback, want feedback for buying so they have a good record. I guess i won't ask anymore, don't know what people now days are going to say.  All the years i have been on Ebay this guy really shocked me. 

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Topic 1:

You messaged the buyer to bug them to leave you feedback?

Bad move.  Never do that.

Now that they left you feedback, you don't like it?

Exactly my point.

Topic 2:

Feedback is optional.

Some buyers leave it, some don't.

Yes I have also noticed a trend that fewer and fewer buyers are leaving feedback.

You shouldn't let it bother you.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 72
latest reply

People don't have time for it anymore.

For many people online shopping is just another chore like regular shopping.

Message 3 of 72
latest reply

^^^^ This is spot on, also noticed however, that in your time on eBay, while you have received 747 FB you have left only 655?????

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 72
latest reply

You are an established seller, and have quite a number of feedback to enhance your reputation. If you were a newbie, then i might understand the need to ask for it. Otherwise, are you here to collect feedback or to turn a profit?

Message 5 of 72
latest reply

Some people don't want to bother with feedback, which is really unfair since leaving feedback takes only a few seconds. You should never ask anyone for feedback because he might get annoyed and say something derogatory.

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

@josephb555 wrote:

Some people don't want to bother with feedback, which is really unfair since leaving feedback takes only a few seconds. You should never ask anyone for feedback because he might get annoyed and say something derogatory.

Unfair? In what way?

I only require one thing from buyers....Pay Me! If they have the time and inclination to feedback I am happy to receive, if they don't, I fully understand.

Personally as an online shopper (and offline) eBay is the only place I leave feedback but that is only because I've been a seller for 24 years and I understand that some eBay sellers are obsessed with feedback. Even on eBay if the seller performance was mediocre I don't do feedback at all.

Message 7 of 72
latest reply

I have had sellers message me to leave feedback. I didn't mind at all. Sometimes I forgot because I was buying so much. But as soon as I saw their message, I left a good review. Then I messaged them back and apologized for not leaving feedback. I work really hard on giving a product for a very good price, and make sure I ship it fast, and give customer service to buyers when they have computer problems. I didn't think he would get mad

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

I never worry too much about it...I guess no feedback is better then negative feedback 

Message 9 of 72
latest reply

When I first joined eBay years ago, I didn't leave feedback like I should have. I was new at eBay, I didn't pay attention. But sellers would message me and I would give right after that

Message 10 of 72
latest reply

Well I am here to make a profit, but it doesn't hurt to get more feedback 

Message 11 of 72
latest reply

You got lucky !!!!

You got a "positive" feedback.

Other have not been so fortunate when asking for feedback.

Would post an example, but the screenshot is on my other computer.

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

I'm 55 and I used to leave detailed feedback for everything on ebay but on sites like Amazon where vendors need to purchase fake likes and reviews to be listed at the top of the page my "real review" gets buried.  I see electronics products with 5 to 15K reviews!  Also, many amazon vendors include a coupon or even cash rebate for leaving a "5 star review".  Ebay vendors sometimes overdue it with auto generated review requests and what you experience is largely the result.   Also, no-fault returns on Amazon.  If I see a product has zero reviews - so what?  If I have any issues I can just return it at no cost - not even re-box the item. 

Message 13 of 72
latest reply

Well I guess I know not to ask anymore. Out of all my reviews, 90 percent were done with out asking. It's not like I sent 5 messages. When you're selling a laptop that you refurbished, your not selling a new item. What your selling is basically a product that you have taken apart, and put back together with new parts, and used your skills as a computer builder. There are many that don't care and sell a product that will be lucky to last a year. So reviews are very important. I look at reviews when I purchase a laptop to be fixed. There are to many things that a seller will not disclose. I have been shafted plenty of times . When I get an honest seller I appreciate it. If I didn't get the good reviews I have, I would sell a lot less items. So I think reviews are very important, 

Message 14 of 72
latest reply

@rail322012 

Count your blessings, you got EXTREMELY lucky.  That buyer could have easily made that a neutral or even a negative.  As a seller you should NEVER send out reminders for buyers to leave FB.  That is a horrible idea and at some point it will backfire on you and you will end up with some FB you don't want.

Ebay sends out reminder emails for buyers to leave Feedback.  A long time ago I got a negative FB on my one of my other accounts because they did not appreciate the reminders.  Ebay would not remove the negative.

You have enough FB that you should be fine.  I respect that you feel you have earned more and want the buyers to leave the FB.  But you need to remember it is a voluntary program NOT a requirement.

I too have a buyer every now and again write me and ask for me to leave FB on their account.  I just apologize to them for my delay and leave the FB.  It isn't a big deal.  For me I only have about 25% or less of my buyers leaving FB.  I simply don't worry about it because I have plenty.

But for new or newer sellers I can see this as a real issue.  Because often these are the same sellers that get targeted by scamming buyers because they know they are inexperienced and might be able to get something past them that they can't with a seasoned seller.  Sadly it is often true.  But still I would never recommend, even to new sellers to solicit buyers to leave FB.

You could however put a thank you note in with all your shipments, thanking them for their purchase and let them know you will be leaving FB on their account and would appreciate if they would take a moment and leave FB for you.

Buyers mostly look to purchase something, receive it and move on.  On Amazon, I don't even get 1 FB out of 100 shipments.  What is worse is Amazon counts is as lifetime numbers.  If you get a negative, it follows you forever and the percentage can really tank because very few buyers leave FB.

I've been lobbying Ebay to move in the direction of Etsy and Amazon which no longer have Buyer FB and haven't for years.  Seller FB is important, but buyer FB just isn't.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 72
latest reply