cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT DO I DO

jeeploverkeith
Adventurer

have decided to sell some of my extra military stuff on ebay. it has been a nightmare. to make it worse I have a stalker. . he got 3 items from me and he never paid so eBay canceled the sale. it was 10 days later. my stuff was set to auto relist so when the sale has canceled the stuff he did not pay for relisted. well, he made false reports to ebay that my listings violated policy they got removed. i got on the phone with ebay. they walked me through how to block him so i did. i relisted and he used the other name to bid on all of my stuff with no intention of paying. not sure what if anything ebay will do both his accounts are active and selling stuff. has anyone else had to deal with this and if so how did you fix it.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

WHAT DO I DO

@johannalwest13 wrote:

Have eBay change your user name so you can keep your status. Wait awhile or sell something you normally don't sell, mix it up a little, hide your address so the stalker won't know what to look for. Make sure you put in buyer restrictions, always use the seller pay immediately after auction is over option. Add the stalkers names to your block list. Hope it works out for you

Why would a person have to have eBay change a user name? Any of us can change our user names ourselves. they can be changed every 30 days.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

WHAT DO I DO

@jeeploverkeith wrote:

have decided to sell some of my extra military stuff on ebay. it has been a nightmare. to make it worse I have a stalker. . he got 3 items from me and he never paid so eBay canceled the sale. it was 10 days later. my stuff was set to auto relist so when the sale has canceled the stuff he did not pay for relisted. well, he made false reports to ebay that my listings violated policy they got removed. i got on the phone with ebay. they walked me through how to block him so i did. i relisted and he used the other name to bid on all of my stuff with no intention of paying. not sure what if anything ebay will do both his accounts are active and selling stuff. has anyone else had to deal with this and if so how did you fix it.

Stalkers can be handled by eBay, and rather easily.  When you block ID#1, eBay also states that the person using that ID is not allowed to use another ID to get around the block.  If you can confirm that the two IDs are actually the same person, they will cancel the sale(s) and deal with the member directly.  You would add the second ID to your list just for good measure.

I've been thru this same situations multiple times over the 2-1/2 decades I've been selling on this site.  One buyer purchased a $250 order, then complained it wasn't like the description and got his money back.  He kept the product claiming he could not legally ship it back to me (which begged the question 'how did you receive it in the first place').  We enhanced the listing to avoid absolutely any possibility of ambiguity (this was for 12oz cans of R-12 automotive refrigerant, highly sought by classic car owners).  About a month later, the same address showed up buying the same thing!  Buyer's last name matched, but was a lady this time, and the address was a match.  I contacted eBay, walked them thru what I had found, and they took care of it.  Because the first ID was on my BBL, that person was not allowed to purchase from me using ANY account... he claimed he had 'accidently' used his wife's account.  I didn't care -- eBay cancelled the order with no allowance for feedback, and based on the begging we received from the buyer, I'm assuming they also restricted or blocked his buying IDs.

If you can show eBay that the IDs are definitely linked, they will take care of it and deal with the disruptive buyer directly.

As to the reporting of your listings, if they are legit, you can argue that as well.  We had our PayPal account suspended by an oversees PP CSR for selling prescription meds.  eBay then suspended our account based on the information received from PayPal.  I had to research the product, get the proper product ID numbers from the boxes, get the Feds statement changing the product from prescription to OTC, and present it all to both PayPal and eBay.  Even tho PayPal said the suspension was final, they did correct it once they realized the oversees CSR was using non-US medication status to determine legality of a US-only listing (eBay had been 'sharing' our listings back then as some kind of 'expand your market' scheme that eventually blew up for reasons exactly of this nature).  PayPal was in the wrong and reset our account.  eBay realized we had not authorized the medication (cough syrup/decongestant) to be sold outside the US, they cleared us as well.  But it took us 2-3 days to get everything back.

What a lot of members don't realize is that if you report a listing as violating some policy, and eBay determines that the listing does not, they will also review the listings of the member who filed the violation.  Do it enough and you're gone -- eBay does not (in this case) want to be seen as Big Brother eliminating competition for members based on lies.  But again, you have to be able to prove your innocence.  On eBay, you're guilty until you can prove your innocence...waaaaaaaay beyond a reasonable doubt.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

WHAT DO I DO

@jeeploverkeith wrote:

...Maybe if people like you will stop forcing others to be okay with things like this and actually try to help figure out a way to make changes then maybe something can happen....

There are protections.  You have to engage with eBay in order to use them.  They do not fix things immediately.  But if you choose not to use the protections offered, you will not be satisfied with eBay doing nothing about something they are not aware of.

You came to us for help.  Everything I've read indicates that the other posters are trying to help but for whatever reason, you're not satisfied with the information you've received and somehow that's our fault.

I think I'll follow my own advice, watch a bit of TV, relax, and get some rest.  You do what you need to in order to feel better - if eBay is this stressful, maybe it really isn't the right fit for you.  At least there are options today...

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 18 of 18
latest reply