cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING TO SELLERS! EBAY IS HOLDING YOUR PAYMENTS HOSTAGE!

Warning to sellers: I just shipped a sold item and ebay is withholding my money because of their **bleep** "Direct payment" switchover from Paypal which I did not authorize. Interestingly, Ebay went ahead and charged the shipping to my Paypal account but refuses to depost my money from sale into the account unless i provide a Routing number and account number.

In desperation, I tried providing a routing number and account number to get my money, since that's the only way they say they will transfer my money to me now, but the numbers get rejected which means I not only got charged for shipping the item, now I wont get paid for my shipped item.

What's guaranteed here is another 4 hours of getting run around by their fake customer support reps in hopes that I will abandon my effort to get paid. Time to make yourselves an e-commerce site and avoid all this ripoff **bleep**. 

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Also, don't waste your time with their non-existent customer service.

I am sure there are thousands of sellers on Ebay who are not getting paid right now for items they've shipped. Ebay knows this and is doing absolutely NOTHING about it besides wasting people's time.  Customer support's only objective is to waste hours of your time. For what it's worth, I sent an email to Ebay's CEO at jiannone@ebay.com. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Imagine if you had shipped something late, Ebay would be on you like a pile of bricks, raising your seller fees and lowering your seller score ... and yet they engage in this abusive behavior towards sellers and do absolutely nothing to compensate for your lost time

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

You refused to provide the banking information before the deadline expired, is that right?  This is the consequence of trying to continue to sell after you've been told to provide the info before the deadline. "Managed payments" is not optional. It is required. Want to sell here? Want to get paid for your sales here? You need to be in Managed Payments. This isn't new. ebay has been moving sellers into MP for over 3 years now. it has been the subject of innumerable threads on this Board.

So now it seems you are prepared to give ebay the required info, and even tried to do so, with no luck. The most typical reason for this (but not the only reason) is that your ebay account name and address don't match exactly with the bank info name and address. That's the first thing to check. If they don't match, try changing one to match the other. 

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

By the way, I'll add I've been in Managed Payments for quite a while now. No problems. It would be a good idea to read up on it:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Well then I guess Ebay is justified in stealing my money for a sold item and also charging the shipping cost to my paypal account (Hey wait if the deadline has already passed for their wonderful "Managed payments" then why are they still conveniently paying for shipping out of my PAYPAL account? Couldn't they just take it from the money that they are holding hostage right now? oops.)

If there have been numerous debates on this, that's fine, but this just started happening today May 24. My last sale was on May 20 and it indeed was funded to my paypal account.

So are you saying the deadline was today May 24, 2021?

I tried searching for the date and it is no where to be found on my favorite search engine.

Holy **bleep**! I spend so much time making and shipping these items only to spend hours more dealing with Ebay's multi-hour **bleep**. Why do we bother??

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

You should have opened an online checking account just for managed payments before the deadline. If you still want to sell here get a separate checking account just for ebay and complete the managed payments registration with that new account details. All sellers are being moved into their payment system so if you want to keep selling here follow the above advice.

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

What deadline? What are you talking about?

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

I asked you whether the deadline had passed. It sounds like it passed from what you are saying. I do not know what your deadline was.  Look in your Messages from ebay. I would expect it was in the message that told you to provide the bank info. I doubt the date will be in your search engine. Different sellers have been given different dates. As I said, this has been going on for three years. My deadline was ages ago. I don't know when yours was, but it sounds like it passed recently, or you would not have this problem now.

In Managed Payments, your shipping can be paid out of your pending payouts OR PayPal. Since you have no Pending Payouts because you did not provide the bank account info so ebay could make the payout, PayPal was the default for shipping. So, yes, your shipping was paid out of your PayPal account. 

At this point, if you still have other items listed, and they sell, you are going to be in the same position. 

I'm trying to help you out here. You want to be paid, check to see if the info matches, as I said. Once ebay has the required information, you'll get your payout. The sooner you get that straightened out, the sooner you'll get paid. And yes, if you had simply provided the proper info when originally told to do so, none of this would be happening. 

But here you are now, and it's not too late to fix this. It's up to you whether you want to try , or not.

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

@gosolids 

Label was charged to PP because that is where you purchased it from.

On the label page, if you scroll down, you may see to option to choose where future  label payments come from.  (PP, or pending MP funds)

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

Well I couldn't find anything from ebay stating what the "deadline" for managed payments is. I found some gossip on another forum stating the deadline is on July 15, 2021. In case you didn't notice it is MAY 24 2021. Therefore it has not happened yet (apparently). I guess this is ebay's latest coercion tactic, bizarre as it is. I have been on chat for 2 hours now re-explaining it to 5 different people who are no brighter than anyone else that has responded here.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

I think it's not hard to create an account for this issue.

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

Really? So it's not hard to drive to a bank that ebay "approves", spend an hour open a **bleep** account just so I can receive my money for an item that's already shipped? Doesn't anyone see a problem here??

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

@gosolids wrote:

Well I couldn't find anything from ebay stating what the "deadline" for managed payments is. I found some gossip on another forum stating the deadline is on July 15, 2021. In case you didn't notice it is MAY 24 2021. Therefore it has not happened yet (apparently). I guess this is ebay's latest coercion tactic, bizarre as it is. I have been on chat for 2 hours now re-explaining it to 5 different people who are no brighter than anyone else that has responded here.

Different sellers have different deadlines.  Mine was over a year ago on one account.

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

I am going to void the shipping label. Hopefully the USPS will return the item to me rather than continue to ship it to the buyer.

After over 10 years on ebay, I've had it. This will be my last sale.

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

@gosolids wrote:

Really? So it's not hard to drive to a bank that ebay "approves", spend an hour open a **bleep** account just so I can receive my money for an item that's already shipped? Doesn't anyone see a problem here??

My wife got a second checking account at her Credit Union by applying "online".

Free second checking account. No paper checks.  All money transfers done online.

Message 15 of 73
latest reply