cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume pricing discount

the volume pricing discount field that allows sellers to provide specific discounts to buyers based on the quantity of items ordered has been moved. The discount field was at the bottom of the listing creation by promotions. it is no longer there. i found it in the "pricing" section , but the only option is to turn volume pricing discount on or off, without any ability to set up individual discounts. spoke to ebay, who confirms this, but the problem is they are unable to tell me what discounts will be applied. until ebay fixes I am removing volume pricing discount from all my lisitings to avoid potential problems.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Volume pricing discount

@dbeatrecords 

I think that you may be missing a step as I do see the options that you use to set it up. 
When you turn the volume option on it will then see it on your listing form but you may have to turn it on again on the listing so that the blue button is showing..  Then beneath that,  you will see the options to set up the volume required and percentage that you want to give off.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

as confirmed by ebay rep on phone, there are no set-up options. volume pricing discount is now located in "pricing" with only the option of being on or off without any set-up rules. i tried clicking off and then on, but no set up option.  These are your options in pricing field for new lisitings:

Enable the items below that you’d like to show as an option when listing an item.
Autofill pricing details
Allow the Buy It Now price or auction starting bid to be autofilled based on similar or matching items.

Best offer
Accept, counter, or decline offers submitted by buyers.

Volume Pricing
Offer a discount when buyers purchase more than one item at a time.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

on my 700+ listings I had volume pricing discount  set up, but as I've mentioned ebay cannot tell me what the discounts will be until you sell something.  and without being able to set up new listings with volume discount pricing, it becomes too risky for me to use  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

I don't use volume pricing but I think that the volume pricing box on the listing form is just for discounts on when buyers purchase multiples of that item. So you won't see the option come up unless there are multiple items in that listing.  This is what I see when I have multiple of one item and volume pricing is on.

add volume pricing.jpg

If you want to use volume pricing for a combination of different tems, you would do that in promotions manager. If you set it up in promotions manager, you should be able to see what the discount is there.

https://www.ebay.com/help/seller-hub-promotions/selling-tools/promotions-manager?id=4094&st=3&pos=2&...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

I've noticed the same problem and, to me, this appears to be a glitch.  I hope it is a glitch, as the current functionality does not make any sense to me.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

@dbeatrecords 

@poolsharq 

Now I'm curious as it makes sense to me. Can either of you set up your listing like I've shown in the screen shot in post 5?  I have never really looked at volume discounts before so have no idea how it used to show up.  I'm assuming that it was different?  When you were setting up volume discounts for multiple listings you did it on each multiple listing rather than through promotions manager?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

I sell LP record albums and have used volume discount pricing for a long time. These are individual listings, not multiple listings of the same item. Each single item was set up to apply a discount when purchasing more than one item. The screen shot you show was what appeared when setting up the discount and you could set the discounts as you wished.  I'm hoping it is a glitch that will be fixed. They fiddled around with a few fields. I noticed "scheduling a listing" also changed a bit.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

It's been 11 more days and the issue still exists.  Do you agree? I can no longer seem to offer a discount for when a buyer purchases multiple different items from me.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

There is the option to turn on 'Volume Pricing' in the "Pricing" section when creating a listing, but no other screen comes up that allows you to set up your discounts. So you can turn it on, but with no way to know what discount you are offering or the ability to set up or change it, it is really not useful. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Volume pricing discount

I've only ever used volume discounts for when I had multiple items in a single listing. I didn't know you could do volume discounts for purchases from different listings. I'm sorry it's not working for you at the moment and I hope it gets resolved.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply