cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

Sold an item to a buyer a couple weeks ago and buyer claimed not as described but did not open a case, simple chastised me in the feedback. Did not want a return or my offer of partial refund. Said my offer was an insult (not enough). I meant to block the buyer after this but forgot. So now after two weeks buyer purchases a similar item. I knew this was trouble, but shipped the item anyway thinking I had little choice. Buyer of course again claims the same not as described condition and threatens that I won't want buyer to "review" as it won't be pleasant for me. I know the condition is as was described, no doubt. I double-checked it before I shipped, knowing what to expect. What would YOU do in a case like this?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

Now she says "Send me a return label. You misrepped, not me." Can I initiate the return?

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

Just tell her that it is up to her to start the return process - she has to file the claim with ebay.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

@kds99 wrote:

Sold an item to a buyer a couple weeks ago and buyer claimed not as described but did not open a case, simple chastised me in the feedback. Did not want a return or my offer of partial refund. Said my offer was an insult (not enough). I meant to block the buyer after this but forgot. So now after two weeks buyer purchases a similar item. I knew this was trouble, but shipped the item anyway thinking I had little choice. Buyer of course again claims the same not as described condition and threatens that I won't want buyer to "review" as it won't be pleasant for me. I know the condition is as was described, no doubt. I double-checked it before I shipped, knowing what to expect. What would YOU do in a case like this?

It sounds  like you have a buyer who is heavy into feedback extortion . I would save all messages they've sent you and promptly call e bay . There are rules against this type of behavior . Don't forget this time to block . Tulips 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

What gracieallen said - tell her to open a return case in the resolution center or you cannot send her a label.  She may have lost her privilege to do so because she has abused it. 

And do NOT worry about the feedback.  Sellers survive and thrive with negatives on their accounts every day. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

I agree with my board, this sounds like a buyer who has gone to the well too many times and has lost MGB privilege.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

What a terrible headache...

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

“Said your offer was an insult, not enough”.  I wonder if they are fishing again for another partial refund keep item and really try to make you cough up a lot more money becuase they hit you twice.  After all, why would they buy from you again if your items were so terrible. Block them now.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

While I could not mark all responses as "accepted solution", I valued each response highly Thanks ALL! Blocked buyer, sent her a shipping label through eBay, which she failed to respond to. I never heard another word from her, and CS yesterday closed the case due to her non-response. Go figure - I hope she's satisfied now somehow.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

Yeah!  We are all SO HAPPY for you! We hope she disappears forever!

That said - watch out for Paypal, she can return through them at her own expense for 6 months.  But the odds are high she won't. 

Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

I can't help but wondering if I have had the pleasure of doing business with this very buyer. Nearly identical scenerio.  Claims a $14 item "may not be authentic, but if I give her back $10 via payPay, she will just keep." Does not want to return and have yet to hear back after repeating "return for refund" to all of her messages. This person is a reseller. 

Sorry for your frustration, I can relate.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

It is not likely the same person - there are thousands of buyers out there who play these games trying to get things cheaper or for free. 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

what If they expect you to pay for shipping costs.  I already spent $13 shipping it to them.  and my listing said no returns accepted.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Vindictive Buyer - Help!

@kdx3 wrote:

“what If they expect you to pay for shipping costs.  I already spent $13 shipping it to them.  and my listing said no returns accepted.“

Hi @kdx3 

Sorry, i just found your post. The answer to your question is “it depends”.

If the buyer opens a Not As Described case, then the seller must pay for return shipping. This is if the seller has made some error in the listing or misdescribed the item or omitted some information about it. 

Can you elaborate on the circumstances? Did you make a mistake in the listing? Did the buyer have a change of heart, or have buyer’s remorse? Did they open a case?

(PS-consider starting a new thread when you have a pressing question or concern. Often posts can be overlooked when they are at the tail end of an old post. Your voice deserves to be heard.)

Message 28 of 28
latest reply