cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video has arrived

I just saw this. I assume it was released earlier today. Have any of you tried it yet?

video.png

As it's exclusive to the horrible "unified" listing tool I don't plan on exploring it any time soon.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques and @valueaddedresource, I think you two have been waiting for this feature so I'm tagging you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Video has arrived

I think your point was well-made already. You want some sort of indicator that there's a video available. Personally I'd go for a little film camera icon applied over the corner of the lead pic on the search page, kind of like how they put the heart there so you can easily add something to your favorites/wishlist.

Another poster made what I think was a joke about young people not knowing what a film camera is. If they were serious then my response would be that every app and website uses symbol icons. Look at the top of the edit box when you write a post here on this board. There's a video camera icon to insert a video here. Pretty much the same icon is used for the Zoom app. Point being that a 10 year old might not know about a camcorder or old film camera, but they will recognize these commonly used icons. A 20 or 30 year old really should know what a film camera is because references in pop culture are so ubiquitous.

By the way, I finally found the icon on YouTube. You have to be signed in to see it though. It's a tiny black and white used for uploading video. It's not one of their logos which is why I didn't make the connection. But it does speak to the point I made above that the image/shape itself is easily recognizable because it's used for video function within apps and websites everywhere.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 31 of 31
latest reply