cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vero on the “Baby Shusher” calming device

Hey guys, need advice. Got a vero notification about an item claiming the item was counterfeit. The same item is still for sale from other sellers with exact serial numbers as mine. Photos of the item showing the serial number aren’t shown on those listings still up-mine was.  So if mine is fake, so are all the others and the those sellers probably know it. That’s why no pics of the actual item showing the serial numbers are in the active listings. Many have sold also.  eBay was no help, wouldn’t even listen. I contacted the company who sent the notice. They are a marketing firm out of Texas and I was forwarded to their “complaint” department which is probably file thirteen . How can we get eBay to take our questions seriously? As a hosting platform they have the responsibility to make sure fraud is addressed when brought to their attention. How can we sellers get our voices heard by eBay? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Vero on the “Baby Shusher” calming device

Vero is Vero and not about "fake"

A company in the Vero program can use any reason to have your item removed. 

eBay must remove all listings that Vero companies report.

eBay has no choice in this.

This is not about "fraud" that eBay has to address. Vero company can use any reason to have the item removed from listing and ONLY if you get the Vero companies approval can it be listed.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

and until/if you can get it cleared up, DO NOT relist. It can lead to selling restrictions/banning etc. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

https://babyshusher.com/pages/important-notices

Apparently, they now believe fakes are being sold on ebay as well....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This vero program needs to stop telling sellers everything is fake as they tend to believe that is the reason.  Sometimes the item is fake, but most of the time it is just the company does not want you to cheapen their product by selling it on Ebay.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you sell long enough or enough different items your more than likely will end up with a vero message.   We've had several, not for the same item but from different companies.   We even were put in eBay jail for 3 days once.   This is a game companies play.  eBay is only protecting itself from lawsuits when they enforce this vero policy.  Companies have learned that they can make these counterfeit claims without any push back.  Though in many related articles you will read about getting lawyers and such but the truth is if you one of us selling full time on here if would cost way more than the loss of selling that one item.  Don't get me wrong I was mad as hell when it happened to me, but the best thing is to move on from that item.  If you have a lot of that item in inventory find a different way or platform to get rid of it and find different items to sell.  There are always going to be adversities in your business just take them and keep rolling.   Yell , kick, scream and then we you calm down refocus and make it happen.    

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

dms_wholesale covered it all, but yes, we received yesterday the Vero take down email for an item sold here for 5 years by the hundreds',  it is original and all but I sell it on other platforms so it's fine.

Ebay is placing itself out of the reselling business in general,  no wonder they are finding ever more creative ways to milk more fees from sellers who stay.  

It is what it is.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply