cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to the eBay User Agreement...

This one looks like fun:

"We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing."

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

@whatmodernwas wrote:

This one looks like fun:

"We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing."

I think you are referring to the Summer Seller Updates?  

Possibly they are referring to GTC listings?

Didn't see that in the Update.  I don't think they would mean any and all fixed price listings, but I could be wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Bizarre, right? I saw that in an email 45 minutes ago after I'd been out of the office most of the day. Immediately came here because I figured there would be an uproar. I'm guessing most people haven't seen it yet. Can't imagine what this would apply to -- surely they aren't going to randomly relist  my small account's widgets. 

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

"At eBay, we strive to make our policies clear and our services easy to use."

Yeah.  I saw your quote from the new user agreement, a few lines below the opening line in the agreement, above!!  I knew there was trouble brewin'!

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

It appears ebay has taken it upon themselves to relist fixed price items that aren't GTC. They just keep charging a fee unless item is sold out or you cancel the listing.....

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Yep full thread on it
How will poor sellers know

Per ebay response
This applies only to fixed price listings created through the new quick listing tool. It will apply mostly to first-time and occasional sellers we've identified.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/t...

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Right out of the horses mouth..... 

If the item doesn't sell we will relist it for another 30 days. Once it sells or the seller cancels the item it will no longer be relisted....... Since it is in the users agreement that means its mandatory if you don't agree to the terms you can close your account.....

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

They might as well have said all fixed price listings would be GTC unless sold or canceled,but by using weasel speak they'll snag thousands of sellers that aren't aware of the changes resulting in $1000 of dollars in listing fees being charged to sellers accounts....

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Just another underhanded money grab by ebay,but it will be interesting to watch them come out and defend the policy..... Maybe they'll promise you a upgrade in search?

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Automatically relist this item up to 2 times if it doesn't sell. Fees may apply for each relist.

So, am I to take it that this unchecked (as of now) caveat for automatically relist will either a) be removed; ebay MAY relist at their descretion?, b) have the default set to checked, there-by requiring the seller to opt out of an auto relist, only to possibly have ebay relist, as they MAY?

Saw the other post concerning this impacting new sellers, or ebay "opting in" a chosen few?

Sure.  Fine.  Welcome the newbies with open arms, hands reaching into their pockets!  'Bout sums it up.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Too much up in the air here with nothing explained. Hope the blues will clarify tomorrow. This really should have been added to the seller update with an FAQ, not just snuck in to the user agreement update.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

You can tell by the late and clueless responses from whatever the ebay team in charge calls themselves they weren't even aware of it. They have now backed away and regrouping so they don't get caught putting their foot in their mouth as they have done in the past...  The big word being glazed over is mostly read the statements where the word is used and try and figure out what mostly means...

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

ebay has QUICKLY become a podiatrists dream client!

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Yep full thread on it
How will poor sellers know

Per ebay response
This applies only to fixed price listings created through the new quick listing tool. It will apply mostly to first-time and occasional sellers we've identified.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/t...

@labs118

So does that mean that they won't relist if the fixed price listing was created via the Advanced Listing form?

Message 15 of 34
latest reply