cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming discount seller fees In may. Not worth the hassle

I saved $20 last month in seller fees with the Topseller ratings, for 1 day handling and 30 day returns. After may, Those fee discounts are cut in half. Not worth the hassle to save $10

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upcoming discount seller fees In may. Not worth the hassle

Does anyone read these?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Does anyone read these?
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Yes look at the side of post and you will see...number of views and likes...people indeed read these post and they are silent because the post is disturbing to all  small seller's outside a store...new wave the (store's) are KING of the hill...other's are second...third...fourth...etc...to big box stores...big and small...so.  Starting May 1st new selling standard's will be inforced...less to small seller's so no response is the gloom of fellow seller's...particularly small sellers.

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Maybe it's because I'm a relatively small seller, but I don't consider the 24 hour shipping and 30-day return policy a hassle at all. I would do those things anyway, but it's nice to get rewarded with a discount.

That's not to say I am happy about the discount decreasing, but I will continue to follow those policies because I just think it's good business.  And I'm going to try promoting some items because TRS now get a credit on those fees.

Susan

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Yes, I read this, but I am just another seller, like yourself. I agree, not worth trying to regain my TRS for 10% discount. Maybe being TRS puts me somewhat higher in search, but I even wonder about that. I am trying to get back to TRS but somehow it is hard to lower the late shipping rate.
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Agree with this. Lost my TRS, trying hard to regain it, but wondering if it is all worth it.
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

I have a basic Ebay store. 150 items. I signed up for the Top seller status ONE month ago.. I already had a 95.78 shipping, labels, scan rating. Before this, I had a two day handling time, Priority mail. 100% positive feedback. Now since it's been a month, I have been extra careful to ship withing one business day. I check my seller hub from one month ago, and my rating is now 90.58 saying I never printed the labels( I DID)....I called Ebay and spoke to a rep. He said he could make a note of it and that my rating would not go down...(LOOKS LIKE A SCAM TO ME) Well, After May, you must retain a 95% status.  So, If they don't fix it, I will be out. And All seller fees go up in MAY or JUNE.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Thank you so much for responding. I have been a seller for years on here. If they do this now, I may not continue on Ebay. It may be cheaper to have a website linked on Facebook and a phone chip reader from Square. I just ordered mine.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

They want you to pay for a sponsored listing for extra money. (Look on your seller hub. last line in first display) I've done it on three or four item. They take a % of each sold

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

How many items do Big Box Stores or Big Seller's Buy? They can list in Bulk and lower their costs, thus pushing out the small seller. However, its the small seller's who are the biggest buyers and they have left because they couldn't make a profit. Ebay's other problem, as a buyer; the site is so slowwwwwwwwww, with all the ads and other stuff that has to load buyers lose patience. Back in the day, when most things were auctions, buyers would hang out for hours waiting to snip bids, it was exciting. People come now, they know what they want and get off, Its boring, No thrills when everthing is Buy it now.  Auctions dont really work under this model.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Yes you are RIGHT about all that AND something which we don't have control of is our selling count...if we aren't seen because of the BIG BOX STORE'S our count will fall off the shelf to less than 100 count which is a requirement to this NEW wave standard...TRS will drop off for each seller who doesn't reach 100 count sold which will give more room for stores.  We may never get it back unless we go into a store again...I think there isn't room for both...

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Yes agreed..100% this will all be interesting to watch as it unfolds...every post is monitored but we are only posting facts that are set up by eBay...they have control of that...they are betting on the BIG BOX not the ants going one by one...

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Do the math.  I average about $800/month, so have been saving $16.  That will drop to $8.   Most of my sales come in clusters, so I'm going to go to 3 day handling to cut down on trips to the post office.   30 day returns might cut out one return per year.  I think I will be saving money by giving up TRS.  

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

That "idea" sounds so good to me too...I just had one return and if the free shipping push brings more return's with the 30 day return policy then it's just going in circle's put out $ money to send and no profit at all on the item...work in shipping and returns then again to relist but no income...so I too am seriously thinking of going to the 3 days.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply