cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Buy it now option

I listed an item as 7 day auction, with no buy it now. 3 days later the item sold as buy it now. I didn't choose that buy it now price or that option. I checked my auctions after I listed them.  How does that get added without my knowledge?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unwanted Buy it now option

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@zan_antiques 

If it's the plate that sold today, it was listed as a buy it now, not an auction.

I see it as @kensgiftshop sees it. I also scrolled through and noticed that all your other sales were auctions, so I see why you're confused. Just a misplaced keystroke or a few. Sorry... lesson learned. Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@zan_antiques 

If it's the plate that sold today, it was listed as a buy it now, not an auction.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@zan_antiques 

I see it as @kensgiftshop sees it. I also scrolled through and noticed that all your other sales were auctions, so I see why you're confused. Just a misplaced keystroke or a few. Sorry... lesson learned. Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sometimes Ebay will take it upon themselves to add Best Offer to an auction item.  This especially happens to newer sellers.  You can fix it, but you have to see the message that they added it to know they messed you up.  That may be what happened. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay knows your business better then you.......so like a parent they will correct your mistakes.

Sell it on Facebook or Craigslist list.

get off eBay.

eBay is nothing without its sellers. Send them a message...leave. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are probably right.  I have noticed since then, when using my Ipad app to list on ebay, there are a number of defaults that I always have to correct. So I have taken up revisiting my listings on my pc to correct any that I missed. I specifically recall looking thru the batch with the plate listing in it, and making sure none were buy it now.  I could have missed it, a second time, but not too likely.   Some other answers thought ebay might have 'corrected it' for me - but I find that hard to believe that ebay would mess with our listings in anyway.  So, I'll just need to be more careful about reviewing the listings. I do appreciate you taking time to look up my listing so you can could confirm what you saw as a different user. That was so helpful!  Thanks again!  Happy Hunting!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply