cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid Item

Greetings:

Where is the option to report an "unpaid item" located under this busy new hub center format? I did find the "report a buyer" and that had a link to the "unpaid item", however, when I clicked it it took me to the cancel order page which is not what I wanted to do at this time because I have dealt w/ some overseas buyers looking to set up reshipping to their country and they will sometime take a while to pay. I UPI case will sometimes get them to email their intentions if this is the case. Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unpaid Item

Hello,Here is the new e-bay policy,please see enclosed article

Hope this helps youScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 16-20-14 Resolving unpaid items with buyers.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Unpaid Item

Hello,Here is the new e-bay policy,please see enclosed article

Hope this helps youScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 16-20-14 Resolving unpaid items with buyers.png

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Thanks, I'll see if I can hopefully shake some cash loose with an invoice then.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

eBay now cancels the sale automatically on day 5 after selling for non-payment and buyer take a hit. Personally I think it should have been 24 or 48 hours, but it is their platform.

They should not have to set up any reshipping, or should have done so before buying. Items are either sent to the address provided for their location or are shipped to one of the center here in the US that is set up for that. Don't be changing the shipping address after they bought, it needs to be shipped to the address shown on the order or you lose any protection from eBay. If they are trying to change things after the fact, maybe you should cancel using problem with address and re-list. Could be a scam, so watch out.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

From the invoice page I can now see that the address they've provided is a reshipper one, so they are on top of that. So why no payment? Maybe the invoice will generate a payment from them. At any rate, CYA against scams is always top of mind as a seller, even more so dealing with a reshipper involved.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Why do you think you can "shake some cash loose with an invoice"?

The buyer saw an invoice at the end.  eBay has reminded them at least once.

Why would you not just let this play out?  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

I don't see the required sales taxes listed on the invoice. How are calculated then?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

This buyer has a feedback score of 10, so at that time I was thinking they might think an invoice is needed. But after thinking this over a while, they are on day two for whatever reason & that leaves three more days to tie up the NWT novelty item whose best time to sell is possibly now, when folks are getting a really early start  on holiday shopping due to the back up of cargo getting to docks. So may be best to cancel due to problem with address & then the item can be relisted immediately since it probably more likely this buyer is not going to pay anyway.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Do buyers get a "strike" when they ask the seller to cancel a sale?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

@holmaneva-2 wrote:

I don't see the required sales taxes listed on the invoice. How are calculated then?

@holmaneva-2 

Sales tax is computed based on a buyer's "ship to" address. Is there a sales tax in that state? If the "ship to" address is in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire or Oregon (as of September 2021, anyway), there will be no sales tax charged on the buyer's purchase.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

@holmaneva-2 wrote:

So may be best to cancel due to problem with address & then the item can be relisted immediately since it probably more likely this buyer is not going to pay anyway.

@holmaneva-2 

What's wrong with this buyer's "ship to" address that would justify cancelling the transaction for that reason? I don't recall reading anything in your posts that would suggest a legitimate situation that would support cancelling this transaction based on that particular reason.

If you wait the four calendar days and use the unpaid item cancellation process, the buyer will receive a "strike" on his/her account. Most sellers block buyers who have 2 or more strikes in a 12-month period.

If you cancel for "problem with buyer's address," which I suspect is not true, the buyer will received no "strike" or "punishment" for not paying. Why would you choose that over given him/her a strike?

I mean this in the most supportive way, but it just seems like these things should be well known for someone who has been selling on eBay as long as you have. You might want to read up on eBay's cancellation policy, the unpaid item cancellation policy, how sales tax is assessed, etc. There just seem to be some gaps in your knowledge of selling on eBay that it might be wise to fill.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

So there is no more option to open a case for non paying buyers? They receive no strikes against them? They are allowed to bid on items without payment without any reprocusions? Sounds like there will be many more people getting away with not paying for items they purchase and us sellers can't do anything about it? It's a waste of the sellers time and the item could have sold for more, this is very unfair, I realize we can cancel the order but it's still allowing these buyers not to pay, what happened to opening a case against them?

Barbiesattic54
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

To the best of my knowledge, buyers do NOT get a strike when they ask the seller to cancel a sale.

Buyers DO get a strike when four days go by and the buyer does not pay.  On the fifth day, eBay cancels the transaction, refunds the seller's final value fee and the buyer then gets an NPB strike.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

See my above post

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Unpaid Item

Why is the Buyer Hasn't Paid option no longer in the drop down menu?  Best option is Buyer Request Cancellation which does not really fit when Buyer ignores courteous reminders and invoices.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply