cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy Buyer

I sold a paintball gun on ebay which i modified to shoot higher fps , The buyer said it only shoots as low as the box claims to shoot which is not true , I even tested the FPS before shipping , well 2 days later he said it leaks uncontrollably which is a lie and now he wants a refund he also was mad because I didn't send him Co2 with the gun and a battery for the flashlight that attaches to it I didn't put that in my description of item that it will come with those things ,  So I asked him to ship it back and sent a return label I fear he will ship me back a faulty item of the same kind he had already and keep my perfectly good one , also he said he is going to sue the company that makes the paintball gun I've had 100% positive feedback for 6 years I never had a issue like this before idk what to do.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unhappy Buyer

You have accepted the return in the eBay case the buyer opened, correct? You have issued a return label thru the eBay case, right?

You wait and see what the buyer returns to you and then see if you have a problem. 

As of right now you only have a buyer that is complaining. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

To start, just take a second to take a deep breath.  And think things thru.  I am a Top Rated Seller.  (You can look at my items for sell, and check that I am a Top Rated Seller.  I am not bragging, its not easy).  Don't worry about getting his faulty item.  It will just be in your favor to prove that the item that you ship him/her is not the one that you shipped.  Believe it, or not.  I have had ebay deciding in my favor over 3 times.  How I do it.  Its simple, I just tell them (ebay rep) what's going on and ask them for their help.  Most of the people (sellers/buyer's) want to complain, complain again, and complain some more.  Don't be that person.  Be professional about what's happening and be extra polite, and ask them to help you.  And they will get out of their way to help you.  It has work for me...

Please let me/us know what happen.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Never argue with the buyer, always "we are sorry you're unhappy with your item, you may return for refund" no matter what line of nonsense the buyer is spouting.   

If your photos showed pieces that are not included you should have edited them to remove those parts.  People do not read and you must write listings as though a toddler is going to be your customer.  That's an easy mistake to make though, assuming people will read through before buying.  

I would probably wish them luck on their lawsuit, too, but only because someone like your buyer seems unlikely to detect the sarcasm. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for this post! I too feel people just complain and don't go through the steps to get things resolved. So far I have won every false claim by doing exactly what you said. It works for me too! 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If the buyer request a return, accept it right away. When the item is returned you have an option to refund the buyer from 50% up to 100%. If the buyer does what you suspect you can deduct up to 50%. Ebay will protect you from neg feedback if you offer a partial refund. Open communication with your buyer is the key. Accept responsibility, let them know you are sorry, etc. Don't worry it gets worked out, and welcome to online sales where anything and everything can happen!   

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Good luck and I hope you get the right item back. But be prepared that in these cases eBay always sides with the buyer they dont worry about the sellers they will just go into your account and issue a full refund. Good luck

Message 7 of 7
latest reply