cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected benefit of good pictures

Probably nothing that a lot of you guys don't already know, but maybe it will help some of the newer sellers. 

So, I have been getting rid of a lot of hobby stuff. Right now, been getting rid of gun related stuff. I know this field pretty well, so I know what stuff is worth and what will sell at what price. As such, most of my stuff would sell pretty quickly. 

There was a set of Winchester .243 reloading dies I had listed. I'd never used them and they have literally sat in the closet for nearly a decade. This was one of the first items I listed. It's a very popular hunting round and I expected it to sell really quickly as the season starts soon. My other reloading dies sure sold quickly. but this one just stuck. Impressions, some views, but would not sell. Reduced the price, did PL, but nothing. In the end, I thought maybe take new pictures, this time of each individual die. 

The pictures I had taken before was just of the whole die set in the box. This time, I took out each die to take closeups and when I got to one particular die, I then saw that it was missing a crucial part, that basically rendered the set useless. If this HAD sold, I would have had a very unhappy buyer. I ended the listing and ordered the missing part. 

How that part was missing, I don't know. I had never used that set of dies, but perhaps I cannibalized it many years ago and forgot. I had assumed I had never touched this set. I know for certain I had never actually used it.

The point, somewhat longwinded, is that good pictures allow a better inspection of the item you are selling and by extension, reduce INAD returns and neg feedback.  If you only sell a few items, just a small number of these can have a big impact.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0