cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add items to inventory and/ or upload new auctions

For the past two weeks I've been unable to add new items to my inventory or upload auction items. When I try to upload auction items I get two messages that read that I must add weight and add shipping service to my description. These categories already have weight and a shipping service.  I've talked with several ebay agents and explained the problem at least 10 different times. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?? I don't have this problem with Good To Cancel items.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to add items to inventory and/ or upload new auctions

I use the auction format almost exclusively and have not had any problems or issues. If it is telling you you need to add the weight and shipping service to your description you need to do so. Not sure what you mean by "these categories already have weight and a shipping service". What does the following section look like on one of your auction listings?

dbfolks166mt_0-1713956578390.png

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

"These categories already have weight and a shipping service."

It looks like you have free shipping on every listing.  Free Shipping is not a weight and shipping service.   They want that space filled in to reflect the actual package weight and size and what carrier will be used.  This way the info will be filled in when you buy your label from eBay.   Maybe you don't buy labels from eBay and this is their way of encouraging you to do so?   They are doing things to increase sellers buying eBay shipping labels and this is likely one of them.   My understanding is EBay will pass on shipping discounts they get from major carriers to the buyers wither you like it or not.  

What happens when you fill in the info they are requesting individually for the new listings?  Did you try that remedy?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

They are doing things to increase sellers buying eBay shipping labels and this is likely one of them. 

Does eBay need this information in the event you have to send a label to the buyer for a return?

(I have never had to send a label to a buyer for a return so I have no idea how that works). 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply